Best to leave batteries empty or charged for storage?

Reaction score
Hi guys, what is the consensus on storing batteries long term? I have 4 that I just used today, all down to around the 20% mark.

If they won't be used for a few weeks, should they stay where they're at now or do you folks charge you batteries and leave them full?

In the DJI GO app, the default setting will start auto discharging your batteries to a safe level after 10 days. That counter will be reset each time you press the button on the battery. The discharge process takes about 2 days to complete. I decreased my setting to 2 days since it's best not to store batteries fully charged for long periods of time.

In the DJI GO app, the default setting will start auto discharging your batteries to a safe level after 10 days. That counter will be reset each time you press the button on the battery. The discharge process takes about 2 days to complete. I decreased my setting to 2 days since it's best not to store batteries fully charged for long periods of time.
Now there is a great fact! "That counter will be reset each time you press the button on the battery"
Thanks for sharing that one!:)

Now there is a great fact! "That counter will be reset each time you press the button on the battery"
Thanks for sharing that one!:)
What?? Why is that a feature or is that a bug? I was going to set my batteries to less than 5 days but if anytime I check my battery then it's automatically reset to 10 days? What a pain in the ***.

The counter will reset to whatever you have set your discharge timer to.. If you've changed it to 2 days then it will reset to that, not 10 days.. Still a pain but I can live with it and it works!

The counter will reset to whatever you have set your discharge timer to.. If you've changed it to 2 days then it will reset to that, not 10 days.. Still a pain but I can live with it and it works!

Got it. Ok, that makes more sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20