Best time to fly at the beach!!

Reaction score
So I'm on vacation and at the beach off the Carolina coast and looking forward to taking up my Phantom but to be honest the wind has me a little concerned. For you guys or gals that have flown at any beach is there an actual time the gusts aren't so strong?? We arrived about 5pm and it hasn't seemed to at least give any. I realize it will always be windy but just wondering if there is a time that it isn't so gusty. Maybe when the tides change??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Either just after dawn, or at dusk. That's also when the sun and water give the best colors. You can luck up during the day too. You just have to be quick.

Yea I'm planning a sunrise shoot a couple of days for sure.

Agree my best photo/video at the golden hour. Plus early in the beach you see only few people if any. The light gives best results without any additional color editing.

Agree my best photo/video at the golden hour. Plus early in the beach you see only few people if any. The light gives best results without any additional color editing.

Was up early this morning and most def you guys are on point!! Didn't take her up but the winds are much calmer for sure!! Can't wait to get some good footage down here!!! Thanks for the info guys!!

Welp, I took her up and I must say it was quite a rush!! Had to keep an eye out for the seagulls though but overall good experience.

Welp, I took her up and I must say it was quite a rush!! Had to keep an eye out for the seagulls though but overall good experience.

I just had mine in Destin, FL and it was amazing, no problem flying in the wind. It was super stable and had no concerns.

SHAMELESS PLUG.......lol

Instagram - mhalltnt
YouTube - Mike_WV

Look me up on YouTube and I'll sub ya. Same username there: nemoishouse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member