Best Thread for Monitor/Tablot to use w P4P ....

Reaction score
Just got onboard in Tourist Class.... P4P has arrived safely, Now need monitor as i don't want to give up iPhone 6+ to controller... Looking for the threads to discuss ..... txs

An iPad Air should sort you out....
I'm an Apple Weenie from the (well, a long time ago).... iMacs, iPads, iPhones, etc etc, and i understand the iPad mini works great. However, aren't we buying twice what we need.... ? Not going to dedicate an iPhone to the purpose.... I keep "hearing" (reading) that there are other ways..... txs again....

I'm an Apple Weenie from the (well, a long time ago).... iMacs, iPads, iPhones, etc etc, and i understand the iPad mini works great. However, aren't we buying twice what we need.... ? Not going to dedicate an iPhone to the purpose.... I keep "hearing" (reading) that there are other ways..... txs again....
Yes there are always other ways... There is your phone (Too flipping small for my old eyes) a larger iOS device or 1,000 types of varying quality Chinese Android phones, phablets or tablets.

Reactions: fly_over_wayne
I want to thank you for the link. I had to make a decision on the monitor in order to work around Easter "closed" businesses. Now the problem is, no one (on other searches) was able to answer the GPS question in the monitor which this link just did. Went with the iPad mini 4 as I am an all Apple house. I have my first serious shoot next weekend. If I under normal condition use my iPhone as a Hot Spot, then the GPS works in the iPad. It doesn't need cell to use GPS, but i believe it needs cell to get it started. I guess this starts a whole nutter search.

I want to thank you for the link. I had to make a decision on the monitor in order to work around Easter "closed" businesses. Now the problem is, no one (on other searches) was able to answer the GPS question in the monitor which this link just did. Went with the iPad mini 4 as I am an all Apple house. I have my first serious shoot next weekend. If I under normal condition use my iPhone as a Hot Spot, then the GPS works in the iPad. It doesn't need cell to use GPS, but i believe it needs cell to get it started. I guess this starts a whole nutter search.

Let me add that the comment that the "Follow me" feature is (according to that article) why the monitor needs GPS. During a Formal Training class, it was stated that contrast in color of the object was how the follow me feature worked. It appeared to work, until the subject turned around and went the other way. Follow me failed to follow...

During a Formal Training class, it was stated that contrast in color of the object was how the follow me feature worked.
You're describing ActiveTrack here. Follow Me follows by tracking the GPS location of the mobile device.

You're describing ActiveTrack here. Follow Me follows by tracking the GPS location of the mobile device.
Can you add any comments about using a Hot Spot to get the GPS working ..... from experience, i know Maps works when the iPad is on a Hot Spot. But if one is in the middle of the Mojave Dessert when starting "Home", it won't work ???? i am shooting (planning) race events and following certain objects is important to my success... Thanks for your advise...

with the best intentions, I'll have to back out of this thread for a few hours while i verify my finding.. I appreciate your experiences and knowledge... I don't want to sound trite, but after 40 yrs as a mainframe (yes those bigguns') communications tech, show me how it fails, I'll show you how it works.... or at least supposed to.. I would like to return soon with findings and more questions....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20