Best tablet

I am having trouble in really sunny days I use my phone a Galaxy S6 but find the glare off the screen is really bad even with a hood. What does anyone recommend?

A matte finish screen protector helps. But really a 5 inch screen is hard to read and I'm only going to use mine for backup. Phantomhelp has a list of recommended and used tablets

Anything with 7" monitor i think would do well. Depends if you are an android fan or an ios fan (i don't think it matters if using for the purpose of flying p3s). One thing that you have to consider is how to mount the tablet. The stock p3s holder does not do very well. There are some discussions here on how to modify that. I am using an ipad mini2. Here is how my set up looks like. I chose this option so i never have to drill a whole on the controller for fear of voiding the warranty.

1c474da9f35b237447d35c54b51f6dce.jpg
454a28f8231bf3b77f581ce10897a4ac.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I been looking at the nvidia shield k1 as it seems to be popular with the android guys and that was my next question what is the best way to mount it. That looks like the inspire 1 mount did you have to drill a hole in your controller for the metal mounting bracket?

Reactions: Squirrel!
That's not the Inspire 1 mount, but you can install the Inspire 1 mount like this. Or, check out some other mounting options here.

For tablets, the iPad Mini 4, Nexus 7 (2013), and Nvidia Shield K1 are all solid options. You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I don't really want to drill into my controller I have a Galaxy 10.1 tablet but think that will be too big. What mount do you use and the clip?

I alternate between my LG v10 phone and my LG gpad 8.3". Made a sun shield out of some acid free picture frame card board ( real stiff). Measured the tablet and scored the board with xacto knife. Put Velcro where the pieces come together sho I can collapse it in the case.

I've a Nexus 7 2013 running the Android version of DJI Go and that seems to be fine so far but I've not tried running anything like Litchi on it, so I don't know how well it would stand up to running an app like that, I've heard that the tracking mode in Litchi needs a really good CPU and lots of RAM, maybe more than a Nexus 7 could provide!

I've a Nexus 7 2013 running the Android version of DJI Go and that seems to be fine so far but I've not tried running anything like Litchi on it, so I don't know how well it would stand up to running an app like that, I've heard that the tracking mode in Litchi needs a really good CPU and lots of RAM, maybe more than a Nexus 7 could provide!
I have the Nexus 7 and I use litchi. It works great and the tracking mode didn't work to well. Everything else does though. I did have some video lag and I read somewhere to change a few settings and after I did it works great. Changing to channel 20 instead of auto and the refresh rate.

Reactions: Seanie
It works great and the tracking mode didn't work to well. Everything else does though. I did have some video lag and I read somewhere to change a few settings and after I did it works great. Changing to channel 20 instead of auto and the refresh rate.

Thanks for the info Mike. After watching a few vids on You Tube of people trying to use Litchi tracking mode I'm starting to suspect it doesn't even work too well on high end phones and tablets. There was a guy using an LG V10 and he was saying any time he even walked fairly briskly it lost him. I see that track mode is a relatively new feature so maybe they're still ironing it out.

Just put this on last night. I bought the sunshade last week. Love this mount and sunshade.
a0b30e3e87d53bf75511c293c3be9528.jpg
d3195521ab34a199ddb03e216939df84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use a k1 and iPad air. IPad has a lot of screen to look at but the k1 is much easier to handle while flying. Definitely. Need a sun screen other than that I like the k1 best.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic