Best store to buy the P3 from?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'd like to know what's the store with the most solid refund policies to buy from. I want to buy a P3 Advanced.
I have a Parrot Bebop and after 3 hours of flight, it just decided to drop dead from the sky when it was 75 ft in the air, for no reason, and it seems these things happen every now and then even with the DJIs, so I'd like to buy from a store that will take a broken drone and refund me full value when the accident was not my fault.

Amazon sells the P3 Advanced from a store named stores123. I don't know if that's the same return policy as items sold by Amazon itself, and if the Amazon return policy is good enough. In on other stores also very welcome!

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-A...8&qid=1439819555&sr=8-1&keywords=dji+advanced

Thanks,

Matt

Amazon is okay to buy from, but make sure the seller is an authorized DJI dealer (stores123 is not). All sellers at the following link are authorized DJI dealers:

Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help

If Amazon ships the Phantom (look for the Amazon Prime listings), then they will also handle the returns. Otherwise, the DJI dealer will work with you on the return.

Last edited:
B&H is fast to ship if in stock, no tax and free shipping. I have not returned anything so I can't say anything about their Return Policy.

Reactions: SG1
Thanks msinger and harleymhs.
Good that you pointed out the authorized dealer thing. I didn't know. Better buy from one of those!
Anyone has ever returned or heard someone returning a drone that fell off the sky or something like that other than Copter Shop?

Best Buy has these online, should be getting in store soon. They have a price match policy, return policy of 15 days unless you are an Elite or Elite Plus rewards member which goes to 30/45 days respectively. They also have accidental warranty. When I inquired about the warranty, it's about$169 for 1 year, $229 for 2 years, a bit higher than B&H square trade, but you can't bring the bird back in pieces. If for instance, you hit a tree and it then falls to ground, they will cover it. I was told it all depends on the "story you tell the customer service rep when you bring it in". What I like is you have the choice of replacing with same unit, or a newer one or other product if you decide. You can get a store credit. Worth a looksy, I bought mine there but haven't decided on the warranty yet.

The 2 year warranty sounds really cool. Would Best Buy happen to be an authorized seller? I don't see it on any list, but on the other hand if they'd replace the drone themselves I don't see why I would want to bother with DJI, which apparently have the most horrendous customer service.

The 2 year warranty sounds really cool. Would Best Buy happen to be an authorized seller? I don't see it on any list, but on the other hand if they'd replace the drone themselves I don't see why I would want to bother with DJI, which apparently have the most horrendous customer service.

I can't imagine that they are not authorized. I'm pretty sure they are. I didn't check but having Best Buy behind you isn't so bad, IMO. On the other hand, they don't have accessories currently, don't help with technical support and perhaps for the right person, a local hobby shop or one of the forum sponsors might be a better bet. As for B&H, haven't seen a negative comment yet, and I concur from experience. Just showing BBY out there as an additional reseller. They also have the Inspire 1, SOLO, and a few of the mini's. If they aren't authorized, I haven't a clue where they would be buying in such quantity from.

P.S. there are many authorized dealers NOT on the DJI list, they seem to be slow to revise the list.

Alright bro, I ordered from Amazon Prime and about 2 weeks after owning it the thing went haywire and crashed to the ground, broke the camera and gimble. I sent it back claiming it was defective and they gave me my full money back. I believe they have a 30 day money back guarantee but it's probably tied to Amazon Prime some how.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Awesome! Then I stand a good chance of Amazon refunding me for the Bebop drone that fell off the sky. That one was Prime too.
Thanks.

Buy from vhdrones.com. talk to ryan.
It's out of Virginia. Great guy and super fast shipping. Ordered one of Mine on thursday around 11am. Delivered to daytona area florida on saturday morning

Thanks all. I ended up buying from PortableGuy in Amazon, which is supposed to be an authorized dealer according to PhantomHelp.com. On a separate note, Amazon received my broken Bebop Drone and gave me a full refund.

I'm buying all my DJI goodies from
E Mergent RC
2118 Highway 72 E, Suite 4
Huntsville, Alabama 35811
(256) 852-6833 Store
Welcome to Emergentrc.com

They not only sell and support they also do in-house repairs on their products. Tommy is a top-notch guy and not only does he eat, sleep, and breathe DJI he also flies them daily.

** I was late to the game on answering this but maybe someone else can benefit from it**

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20