Best Starter Drone for $100-$150

Reaction score
I am looking for a decent starter drone (quad copter) for my nephew for Christmas. Can anyone suggest one that has decent charge and fly time? Nothing that is to toyish but reasonably built for a young adult.

I have my P3A but am not ready to let him fly it yet until he has some experience with a quad copter.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Reactions: littlesister36
I am looking for a decent starter drone (quad copter) for my nephew for Christmas. Can anyone suggest one that has decent charge and fly time? Nothing that is to toyish but reasonably built for a young adult.

I have my P3A but am not ready to let him fly it yet until he has some experience with a quad copter.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Look for a used P1.
B&H has them at 299, but other sources may be less.

I love flying my syma 5c, handles a little wind and is fun, very durable, cheap and easy to fix.
also quiet so flying around home is no issue.

Proto Z - less than $30 - perfect to learn and almost indestructible...about 5 minutes flight time and about the same to recharge. Good luck!

I love my Blane Nano QX

Batteries are super cheap and you can have a dozen in your pocket and fly for longer than you care to. I've flown mine into a running ceiling fan (not intentional) and it literally didn't put a scratch on it. I might have been really lucky but I'll take whatever I can get LOL!

The best one is a syma x5c, replacement motors are cheap, and Flys really good without the guards, them a syma x8c, is like a cheap phanton, those two will teach you how to fly

Het a Syma x5 or x8 with the FPV. Or for something palm sized, the Hubsan x107d which also has FPV. The Syma FPV requires a cell phone and bluetooth, the Hubsan has a screen on the controller. Looking at about $150 for each. Maybe less for the Syma x5 FPV

Reactions: tundrastruck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik