Best Spot on P3P to mount small GPS?

Reaction score
I have a small GPS, from Tractive, about an inch square. Whats the best, safest place on a P3P to mount it.?
any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Landing gear! On the left side. Be sure not to mount it above your compass on the right side of the landing gear. They do make holders depending on the tracker. Be sure to calibrate before flying, with the tracker switched off.

If you're asking me why, I'm a newbee and scared it will take off somewhere because I screwed up! This way I'll be able to at least find it...I hope. :)

This guy on ebay sells custom made tracker holders. He made me on one for my RF V16 and it looks like it was part of the phantom. See attachements.

Attachments

• 1443304041496.jpg
    1443304041496.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 560
  • 1443304091676.jpg
    1443304091676.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 551
  • 1443304118787.jpg
    1443304118787.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 560
Reactions: Phantazmk
Landing gear! On the left side. Be sure not to mount it above your compass on the right side of the landing gear. They do make holders depending on the tracker. Be sure to calibrate before flying, with the tracker switched off.
Wich left side? Looking directly at the bird or looking at it from the back???

I would have thought nearest its CoG (centre of gravity, or as close to it. Otherwise (maybe) more autopilot work and thus more battery power will be needed to compensate for an uneven payload. Just by 2p worth.

I would have thought nearest its CoG (centre of gravity, or as close to it. Otherwise (maybe) more autopilot work and thus more battery power will be needed to compensate for an uneven payload. Just by 2p worth.

The P3 is constantly compensating for winds that tilt the bird in all directions. 27g including the velcro on the battery won't affect the flight characteristics at all. Well perhaps a couple of seconds. And if you're pushing the flight time so that seconds count, well then you're not flying safe.

Good question....

Looks like the left side looking at its back. So the tracker is mounted on the same side as the compass. Wouldn't use that side myself...

Wondering if attaching Tracker to Battery, means I have to swap Tracker every time I change batteries on an extended mission??

This is a awesome thread!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj