BEST SD CARD?!!?!?!?

Reaction score
Looking to retire the ol' 8gb card that came with the standard... any opinions to what memory card I should get ?

The SanDisk Extreme PRO is the best in terms of speed. Any of the memory cards listed here will work with the Phantom 3. The stock memory card writes at 40MB/s, so it would be a good idea to purchase a memory card that at least matches that speed.

Reactions: Uncle Brad
I always buy Sandisk. Any of the new Ultra or Extreme models will be fast enough.

Anyone else having formatting issues? Can't format their 64GB card?
I have the SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA)

When I removed it from the packaging and inserted it into the camera microSD slot and attempted to format through the Go app, I get a format failed message. Doesn't recognize card.
  1. I then tried formatting through Windows (ex-Fat). Didn't work when I plugged it into P3S camera. Same error message.
  2. Used SDFormatter, fat32. Didn't work when I plugged it into P3S camera. Same error message.
  3. Tried formatting using my Nikon. Didn't work when I plugged it into P3S camera. Same error message.
This 64GB card works fine in the computer and the Nikon, but not the P3S. I'm about to just say F' it and continue using the 8GB card because I found out this morning that the P3S records the video in 14 minute segments (@ roughly 4GB total) and then starts a new file. I figure by then the P3S battery would need to be swapped out, and I guess I can offload the video(s) from the card onto my laptop. Seems tedious but I guess that works in the meantime and I won't be flying if I'm changing the battery. I just don't want to keep buying SD cards if I don't have to.

I have the same card with the same problem. Fine in my PC, gives sd card errors in my P3 standard..... I chucked it and ordered a different card in the recommended list posted elsewhere.

That sucks, I have 3 or 4 of that exact card and I've never had a problem, I've shot movies on those cards with Nikon dslr and never had a problem...
I wish I had an answer but you've tried pretty much ever thing that you already have done

I won't throw this one away since it works in my Nikon. I think it's time to move on to a different brand though. I may try this... copy the contents from the 8GB card to the 64GB card and see if the P3S can recognize it now. I read on another forum that this worked for someone else that was having this issue with formatting.

I bought exact Sandisk 64gb microSD card like @RadRich and had the same problem. I had to return it to Amazon. The Silicon Power (SP064GBSTXBU1V20SP) also had issue; it was reported as invalid & couldn't be formatted by the Go app in iOS or Android. So far, Sony (SR64UY2A/TQ) and Samsung Evo+ (MB-MC64DA/AM) work for me.

Ok good news. I have another SanDisk 64GB micro SD card (same as the other one) that I was using in an HP tablet. I attempted to format it through the GO app and it worked! I was also able to format an older 16GB class 10 card (Patriot) as well. Whew... :) Now if only the GO app would stop disconnecting I'd be happy.

I too have ordered several. I think it narrows down to the letters in the bottom right corner. I could get NONE of the "XC" cards to work.
The original in my P3S was a "HC". All 3 of my HC cards worked right out of the package.

Huge fan of the Samsung Evo range!

Amazon.co.uk: samsung evo sd

Cheap and fast. Having said that, my microSD card collection is primarily made up of SanDisk Ultras, but that's probably only because they get sent with everything I buy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4