Best S900 and GH4 forum?

damoncooper said:
What's the best forum to discuss this combo ?

Thx

Other than rcgroups.com, I've found nothing. Bit disappointing as I really don't like the one thread for everything imaginable method over there. Adam should snag s900pilots.com and add some product specific sub-forums.

ianwood said:
damoncooper said:
What's the best forum to discuss this combo ?

Thx

Other than rcgroups.com, I've found nothing. Bit disappointing as I really don't like the one thread for everything imaginable method over there. Adam should snag s900pilots.com and add some product specific sub-forums.

Good news: Facebook actually has 2 great S900 owners groups and 2 great S1000 owners groups. I've joined all (although not an owner yet) and I've been learning a lot (and seeing a lot of the same old questions, answers and issues Phantom folks have been discussing en masse for some time. Some folks are serious pros, some folks just have more $$ than sense :) )

But it's a VERY interesting read.

I'll be ready in the new year to upgrade to something professional if my day job treats me well so getting educated now I figure makes sense (and evangelizing the better half on a potential ($15-30K investment requires lead time).

But agreed on the domaine squat. :)

I'm curious damnoncooper, what equipment do you plan on using to get you in the $15-30k range? Maybe a complete back up system? I've priced this out so many times and even with a GH4, batteries, two radios and pelican cases I'm much closer to $10k. I've even got a "budget plan" to get a Nex-7 with one radio in the air for around $5,000.

derrickduff said:
I'm curious damnoncooper, what equipment do you plan on using to get you in the $15-30k range? Maybe a complete back up system? I've priced this out so many times and even with a GH4, batteries, two radios and pelican cases I'm much closer to $10k. I've even got a "budget plan" to get a Nex-7 with one radio in the air for around $5,000.

I'm looking at either an S900 or S1000 with LB, single op setup, with either H4/S900 or 5DIII/S1000 or RED Epic/S1000 if the gimbal materializes as expected.

Love to know where your point of planned purchase is though. Sounds cheaper than I've costed online.

Maybe the main delta is I'm looking at RTF rigs vs DIY?

damoncooper said:
derrickduff said:

I'm looking at either an S800 or S1000 with LB, single op setup, with either H4/S800 or 5DIII/S1000 or RED Epic/S1000 if the gimbal materializes as expected.

Love to know where your point of planned purchase is though. Sounds cheaper than I've costed online.

derrickduff said:
damoncooper said:
derrickduff said:

I'm looking at either an S800 or S1000 with LB, single op setup, with either H4/S800 or 5DIII/S1000 or RED Epic/S1000 if the gimbal materializes as expected.

Whoops, meant S900 above not S800 (edited)

I don't know where my post went...

The H4 - D3 - Red Epic, that's quite the range ;)

My builds are DIY as this generally costs $2-3000 less than RTF and I'm not including LB for fpv. Some of the RTF builds don't include batteries, making them that much more expensive. Typically when you buy more stuff from the same location you save more but at least for now it seems if you want to buy everything it's best to shop around to see who is selling each individual part at the lowest cost. The only exception to that is buying the S900 - A2 - Zenmuse combo. DJI has set the price for this package at $3800, saving $1400 over buying each piece individually.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik