Best place to install The video Transmitter

Reaction score
Hi there i have just recently installed my immersionRC fatsharks video transmitter pointing out the back of my Phantom with the arial bent pointing down now some one said I will get black spots when returning home with it ? Is this a big problem to be honest i am not likely to be sending it of as far as it can go any time soon and will not be making a habit of it what is your thoughts on this thanks

I think out the back and bent down has had mixed results. I think the gimbal tends to interfere when returning home. I try to get the antenna as low as possible, and I have it offset to one side. I have had solid video out to 2000 meters, and had to turn back because Im a weenie...

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
Hi there i have just recently installed my immersionRC fatsharks video transmitter pointing out the back of my Phantom with the arial bent pointing down now some one said I will get black spots when returning home with it ? Is this a big problem to be honest i am not likely to be sending it of as far as it can go any time soon and will not be making a habit of it what is your thoughts on this thanks

After doing several flight tests, I found the best Tx antenna position is out to the side and not the back.

hook3m said:
tawd77 said:
I think out the back and bent down has had mixed results. I think the gimbal tends to interfere when returning home. I try to get the antenna as low as possible, and I have it offset to one side. I have had solid video out to 2000 meters, and had to turn back because Im a weenie...

We all have your phone number now Tawd77. :p Might want to blur that out.

hook3m said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:

After doing several flight tests, I found the best Tx antenna position is out to the side and not the back.

hook3m said:
tawd77 said:

We all have your phone number now Tawd77. :p Might want to blur that out.

lol, Pic removed.. Not sure what people will use my number for, but its gone now. :)

tawd77 said:
lol, Pic removed.. Not sure what people will use my number for, but its gone now. :)

You won a free cruise to the Bahamas Tawd77. I just need a credit card number to cover the taxes. :D

is this better

Attachments

• DSC_0153[1].JPG
    DSC_0153[1].JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 435
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
is this better

I personally think that's the best position. Try it out and see how you like it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj