Best place to buy phantom 3 advanced in canada

Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy this quadcopter in canada? I was thinking Newegg.ca since I always had quick and quality service... what's the warranty with the retailer on these units?

Don't know about Newegg for drones ( bought PC stuff , you're right about the service ) , but i bought mine at BestBuy , mainly for the price match guarantee .

Since i had no problems so far ( bought in Mai 2015 ) can't tell you about the service .
The P3P is $1349 cdn , others are on sale .

happy shpping

For the most part the pricing in the Toronto area is pretty consistent at all the dealers. All things equal, you might lean toward the apple store or Best Buy simply for the 30 day money back guarantee.

I purchased mine from Drones Plus. I received really great customer service in there.

I bought from Canada Drones, he's near Mississuga, works out of his basement. He had about 8 phantoms in for repair, If I remember well, he is authorised by DJI for repairs. He doesn't just sell you a drone, he sat with me for almost 2 hours walking me through-set up, first flight, how to calibrate, update firm ware, & so on till I had to leave.
Great guy, actually checked in with me to see how I was doing.
Check out his site & give him a call, he priced matched my Phantom 3 advanced, very happy!

The DJI stores that come to mind, in my city...
London Drugs (?)
Best Buy
Droneology
Great Hobbies
Vistek Photography
McBain Camera
Staples

Probably a couple more, I forgot about. ;-)

RedHotPoker

But what kind of warranty coverage do retailers like staples and best buy give me?

Same as any where else. Canadian commerce law and all.

What did you have in mind?
Where are you located?
Tough to beat Great Hobbies for in store CS.

RedHotPoker

Well most will promise a thirty day no loss refund or exchange.
One year warranty from manufacturers is common.

RedHotPoker

I got a blade nano qx today as my first quad to learn indoors with.. how much more easy and stable is a p3 advanced?

200% ;-)

RedHotPoker

When the p3 advanced auto hovers how precise is the hold lock in inches? If I let go of the controls does it wander off side to side like my blade nano qx or stays put solid?

Indoors or outside? ;-)
Depends on satalite connection and wind, but pretty solid, in my case. People thought it was hanging from a string... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Both..indoors and outdoors.. outdoors uses glonass satellites and indoor uses the vision system

It amazes me, how solidly mine locks on. ;-)
Guess it just works like it was meant to...

RedHotPoker

If I buy it at best buy and the drone is defective will they give me another one?

According to best by Canada web site NO. On the same page you look at the drone it says No returns if box opened. I have found other sites in Canada with the same policy.

I got mine direct from DJI in China.
Look just to right of P3 picture. Return policy.
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone with Camera - Ready-to-Fly - White

Also at Staples.ca
Returns will be accepted on unopened boxes within 14 days from the date of receipt
Details near bottom
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone with Integrated Camera | Staples®

At Canada Computers
This item is not returnable and no refund. Next to picture.
Canada Computers & Electronics | Toys | DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone | 1080p Camera | 12MP Sensor | 2KM Range | 23min Runtime | 3 Axis Stabilization Gimbal | Live HD View

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.