Best place to buy batteries?

Reaction score
Apologies if this is an obvious question, but the search function isn't great when searching for info on common words.

Am I best buying direct from DJI? Are any of the ~£65 batteries from eBay any good? I'm just looking to add a few to my collection.

Thanks

I would not risk the safety of my $2,000 aircraft to save $20. Just my opinion.

Jacob said:
I would not risk the safety of my $2,000 aircraft to save $20. Just my opinion.

+1

agreed. in the US, amazon sells a 2-pack of official batteries for a slight discount. probably UK too

When I first bought my phantom I religiously stuck to original DJI batteries. Would not entertain the idea of using aftermarket batteries.

6 months later I am using a variety of non DJI packs and have had no problems. I can only say that having been very nervous at the start of using non DJI batteries - I now cycle DJI and non DJI batteries during a 'mission' without thinking about it.
My impression is that any battery can go wrong - there is ample evidence that DJI batteries fail too. I have only experience with 8 non DJI batteries vs 9 DJI batteries in constant use across 3 phantoms so I cannot claim that my experience is extensive.. However the latest batch with the built in LCD are nice to use with all the info on the LCD. I have also bought the SPC 4000 charging station to deep discharge and charge 4 batteries at a time.

dirkclod said:
QYV said:
agreed. in the US, amazon sells a 2-pack of official batteries for a slight discount. probably UK too
They have singles also and are on sale now . $109.00
Added / Just rechecked and now at $99.00 with free shipping :eek: http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Battery-Phant ... +batteries
Thanks for posting dirk, although this is probably of no use to the OP as they dont ship to the UK.

The best deal I am aware of in the UK is a European dealer which does free shipping. The euro is at a 7 year low against the pound at the moment and so they are selling at around £77. Check out EpicTV.

Does anybody know anywhere selling real DJI batteries to the UK cheaper than this? Would be great if there was.

martybabe said:
http://www.banggood.com/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-11_1V-5200mA-Lipo-Battery-p-916793.html 69 quid free delivery to uk genuine article.

Thanks for posting. A good alternative.
The "£77" one continues to slide and is free 48 delivery. I think today it is down to £76.29.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20