Best place to buy 40-45c LiPo Batteries

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good source online to buy 40-45c LiPo's that fit inside the Phantom?

The dimensions of the DJI batteries are: Length-102mm, Height-29mm, Width-22mm.

I've done a fair amount of research on Hoby Kings site but, the ones I find to be suitable seem to be a little larger than the space we have to store them. In addition, I find that the batteries from the dealer are way too expensive...especially when they charge $14 to ship domestically here in the USA.

The 40-45c rating is of particular importance bc that's what is needed when you have the H2-3D gimbal, GoPro, and FPV.

Let us know if you have a solid source for these.

Thanks in advance!

Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with flying 40C or higher packs with the Phantom, but I would say it's an overstatement to say you "need" them. The stock 2200mAh battery at 20C would be rated for 44A discharge current. Each motor/ESC on the Phantom pulls a sustained maximum of 8A at full throttle. (Bursts of less than 1ms have been shown up to 18A, but that's not going to fry your ESC or kill your pack.) Then 4 motors x 8A = 32A at full throttle, leaving you 12A overhead to power gimbal, vTX, NAZA, GoPro, etc. And that stuff isn't pulling 12A, trust me. Not to mention most of the time you are not going to be at full throttle anyway.

Lots of us are flying that exact setup with the stock batteries and performance is excellent. I'd say see if you are happy with the stock batteries before you invest a lot in 40C or higher packs.

Good information, Media! It helps to know how the power is being distributed.

Although, I have noticed that when I connect a 20C to the Phantom, the GoPro does not power on. With 40C and 45C, it does.

Thanks again!

Related to..., I use this 2500 mAh 25C. Great and same size that stock battery. Larger wires, but I leave them outside tray. Got 1.5 - 2 min longer flight time.

http://www.rc-drones.com/hyp-G3-CX-2500mAh-3S-25C.php

hyp-3S-11v-25C-2500mah-pic1.jpg

BuyLowSellHigh said:
Good information, Media! It helps to know how the power is being distributed.

Although, I have noticed that when I connect a 20C to the Phantom, the GoPro does not power on. With 40C and 45C, it does.

You do have the battery in the GoPro, right? I mean, it should power on whether there is a battery on the Phantom or not, yes?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj