Best Phone or Tablet for the Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hi Guy's
I'm trying to find out what work's best for the Phantom 2 Vision I'm using a Iphone4 at the moment but have Video Lags of around 4 to 5 seconds and sometimes the video loss all together so WHAT ARE YOU USING???

I've thought about using

1) Ipad mini
2) Ipad 3
3) nexus 7 2013 16gb
4) samsung galaxy note 8

I know on the Dji website it say's ( Recommended: iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPhone5s, iPod Touch4, iPod Touch5;
available but not recommended: iPad3, iPad4, iPad mini.
Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note2, Note3 or phones of similar configuration. )

So what do you use and do you have any Video Lags or Video problems???

Thanks in advance
Rob

Hi, i'm using Nexus 7 (v1) on a stock P2V. The only problem I really had with it was a video dropout yesterday at around 1,000ft distance. Other than that, I find the numbers really tiny to work with (number of sats, battery etc.) However, that could be, because I had it set to display the smallest font size in the default tablet settings. I've now changed this but haven't tested it with the controller.

I've also got a new iPad but haven't tried it with the controller yet as it's just too bulky to hold.

I got a recommendation for an amazon basics universal windshield dashboard mount which I ordered on Thursday for free 5 day delivery. Arrived within 2 days and works a treat. So a massive thumbs up for that (i'll dig out the original post and say thank you in a minute).

Hope this helps

Bmews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasic...sics+universal+windshield+and+dashboard+mount

Nexus 7 2013 works great, good size display excellent screen technology. As with all phones and tablets... Glare is the only drawback.

Here is my setup.

7bg4.jpg

t90o.jpg

Hi Guy's
Thanks for the replys so far and all the good information, So I'm really looking at the

1) nexus 7 2013 16gb
2) iPad mini

Both of those look like they could do the job so it's just going to be down to price now, I've also been looking at Sun Shields and seen some nice ones but just have to adapt them, I've also been looking at some Holders that can attach to the TX Box and these look ok so will look and see which is the best and buy from there.

1) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Hea ... 5af04b2839

2) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3in1-Car-Wind ... 2a23fe1102

Thanks again guys the more information the better just to see what everyone else is using and see if they get any bad Lagging or picture drop outs.

Rob

sgt-killer said:
Hi Guy's
Thanks for the replys so far and all the good information, So I'm really looking at the

1) nexus 7 2013 16gb
2) iPad mini

Both of those look like they could do the job so it's just going to be down to price now, I've also been looking at Sun Shields and seen some nice ones but just have to adapt them, I've also been looking at some Holders that can attach to the TX Box and these look ok so will look and see which is the best and buy from there.

1) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Hea ... 5af04b2839

Thanks again guys the more information the better just to see what everyone else is using and see if they get any bad Lagging or picture drop outs.

Rob

Rob, I personally would ignore the second one. You'd have to figure out a way to mount it to the controller. The first one is just a case of undoing the ball joint screw and then fixing onto the mounting arm already on the vision controller. It's virtually the same as the one I installed yesterday.

Good luck, hope this helps

Bmews

Thanks guy's there is some good ideas there, so just got to buy either a Ipad Mini or the nexus 7 2013 16gb so keeping an eye on eBay at the moment.

Thanks again for the info

Rob

I've been using my BlackBerry Z10, the android DJI-VISION app works perfectly. Visibility of the screen is good.

Hi. I am using Acer Iconia a1-810 tablet. I mounted it with 2 dollar spider mount from ebay. U can also see 2600mah poer bank attached.
mupyjetu.jpg
dequdeme.jpg
ema4u5um.jpg

-delete-

Here's my setup... This is with the original Nexus 7. It's worked out perfectly for me, so far. Aside from the glare problem on a bright day...

http://www.droneslinger.com/nexus7.htm

-slinger

Hi ryanza
How did you get the dji vision to work with your BlackBerry Z10 ??? I have a Blackberry Playbook but didn't think the app work work on the blackberry???

Hi dave21
Do you have any problems with the Acer Iconia a1-810 tablet ??? any Lag or Video problems ??? i see they are cheaper than the Nexus 7 and ipad mini so it might be something to think about also.

Hi gunslinger
Nice setup there and looks easy to connect everything together. Still looking at your site...

I would like to use something cheap that does not give me Lag or Videro problems, I know about going out of range and losing video that way which is normal but I don't want to lose video half way through a flight at around 200m, 1 or 2 seconds lag might work but no more really so thats the kind of thing I'm trying to find out from you guy's, the cheapest and best way to SEE whats going on with out breaking the bank anything less than £200 I've already spent that much trying to get something to work and failed hi hi.

Thanks for all the info guy's it does help and hopefully help some others that are just getting going with the Vision 2

Rob

sgt-killer said:
Hi ryanza
How did you get the dji vision to work with your BlackBerry Z10 ??? I have a Blackberry Playbook but didn't think the app work work on the blackberry???

Hi dave21
Do you have any problems with the Acer Iconia a1-810 tablet ??? any Lag or Video problems ??? i see they are cheaper than the Nexus 7 and ipad mini so it might be something to think about also.

Hi gunslinger
Nice setup there and looks easy to connect everything together. Still looking at your site...

I would like to use something cheap that does not give me Lag or Videro problems, I know about going out of range and losing video that way which is normal but I don't want to lose video half way through a flight at around 200m, 1 or 2 seconds lag might work but no more really so thats the kind of thing I'm trying to find out from you guy's, the cheapest and best way to SEE whats going on with out breaking the bank anything less than £200 I've already spent that much trying to get something to work and failed hi hi.

Thanks for all the info guy's it does help and hopefully help some others that are just getting going with the Vision 2

Rob

I've never gotten noticeable lag with the Nexus...

-slinger

Hi Guy's

Well I decided to buy the Nexus 7 2013 can't wait to get it and give it a try hope everything works 100% with the Vision 2, once again thanks for all the advice and help deciding what to go for.

Rob

Good luck with it. There's been no problem with the previous version so I can't imagine you'll have any with the new one.

Enjoy the toy

Bmews

sgt-killer said:
Hi dave21
Hry Rob. Iconia is quite powerful tab with clean android quadcore procesor. 600mb free RAM. So i did not experienced any lags or difficulties. U just need to install the app from m.dji.com since googleplay sais not compatible.
Since i have only shortly tested today i will need more flights with it. It was quite sunny day and it strugled from glare as would every display. However need to say display is not a strong part of Iconia and the sun is not a friend of it. I will be able to compare it to iPad and than say what i think about it.

sgt-killer said:
Hi dave21
Hry Rob. Iconia is quite powerful tab with clean android quadcore procesor. 600mb free RAM. So i did not experienced any lags or difficulties. U just need to install the app from m.dji.com since googleplay sais not compatible.
Since i have only shortly tested today i will need more flights with it. It was quite sunny day and it strugled from glare as would every display. However need to say display is not a strong part of Iconia and the sun is not a friend of it. I will be able to compare it to iPad and than say what i think about it.

I gave up using my iPhone 5 because the screen isn't bright enough and when I set it to maximum brightness the battery drains too quickly. I will say that when I gave up most flying was being done in very cold weather which itself significantly reduces battery life. Still, I gave and started using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, though not on the recommended list, and it works great. Larger screen, much brighter, and better battery life. I've had no problems using it would never go back to the iPhone. I have not tried my iPad yet and don't really plan on doing so because of its size.

Hello everyone. I've been watching this thread due to lag on my fpv with a stock P2V setup. The IPod touch has horrible lag, the IPhone 4 has bad lag and the iPad mini works but only mediocre.

IPad mini so far is my best but I'm considering upgrading to the iPhone 5. Anyone have a review on a stock setup using an iPhone 5?

I used the iphone 5 , but switched the iPad mini. Much better.
My biggest problem is depth perception. Hard to tell how close something is.
Maybe I'm using the wrong settings ? Anyone have any ideas ?

Mori55 said:
I used the iphone 5 , but switched the iPad mini. Much better.
My biggest problem is depth perception. Hard to tell how close something is.
Maybe I'm using the wrong settings ? Anyone have any ideas ?

How is the lag with the iPhone 5? Any problems?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik