Best P3 Backpack?

Go with the DJI for $149. It's a great, great backpack. Nice and light as well.

I have this one, but have to be honest ... there is a knockoff on eBay for a lot less. I haven't taken mine on a trip yet ... a problem which will be remedied this coming Saturday when the bird and I take a road trip across Big Sky country to the west coast. Counting on the backpack to make it as a carry on. Can't wait ... :)

Just for product info: in my backpack are the copter, 3 batteries (room for one more), controller, 2 sets of props, ipad, sunhood, antenna booster (3D printed plastic), 5 ND filters, small notepad, and three pens.

Thanks John, does the Phantom 3 backpack seem like it would be good in wet weather conditions?
Took a look at your site, beautiful photos mate.

Thanks John, does the Phantom 3 backpack seem like it would be good in wet weather conditions?
Took a look at your site, beautiful photos mate.

Hey thanks, bud. The OUTER part is hardshell, so would likely do well, but the straps, zipper, and foam backing? Not so sure. I am going to pack one of those thin plastic ponchos inside that I can wrap around it in case of emergency, but mostly I will be using it in nice weather in easy distance to the car.

My problem is going to be how to manage a drone, two camera bodies, 4 lenses and a tripod on hikes. :-(

Just received my dji hardshell back pack & everything fits really well - including taco filters & tablet sun shade

Must say the build quality is excellent.

As I don't fly in rain/ drizzle it's not going to see much of that.

The softshell backpack is great. The zippers feel a bit cheap, but it works well. But you can get them as low as $35ish on Ebay. The price is almost double in your link.

The hardshell is official DJI case. It's supposed to be water resistant, unlike the softshell case. It's predictable and a great choice that will offer a fair bit more protection if you're actually traveling. However, the aftermarket knockoffs are almost exactly the same thing and they are now on Ebay selling from USA for $85.

I use a backpack only when I fly somewhere by airline, vacation, allowing me to carry it on. Since all backpacks do not allow storage of the craft with props installed, I use a waterproof microraptor case when I'm not traveling by plane, which is 95% of the time. I use a backpack very little so I bought one identical to the $75 Amazon pack you show, but mine cost only $48 on eBay, shipped from China for free. I have to admit, it works very well for being so cheap, I'm using it on vacation this week. The only modifications I needed to make were a few slits in the foam to store SD cards and the prop wrench. The case has a good quality zipper! Very comfortable to carry on my back, soft shoulder straps, very light too. However if you intend to use a backpack as your primary case and install the props all the time, I'd go with the a clone DJI pack.

eBay

Last edited:
I use the Vangard up rise II. I rate is a 9 out f 10. Love it. Looks stylish and to me it's proven. Taken on hikes and on airlines, no questions asked by TSA or gate agents. fits nicely the P3P, total 4 bats, 3 batteries + 1 in the slot...Extra props in the outside pocket. outside pocket for a water bottle and a sturdy handle at the top where I attach a GoPro box with the clamp. What I don't like is the quick access door pull. I think it should be tucked away a little better. the other side has a weird pocket for a tripod. but those are really minor to me. The straps on this is very comfortable and work great as in for real hiking. This is my primary case, if working out of a car or hiking or biking the So Cal strand. Gets me from home to location (actual take off location). Not park the car and have to carry a 15 lb hard case cause it doesn't work good in the sand. Hope this helps someone.

Got a DJI knockoff on EBay, I must say the quality is great! Had I not known it's a knock off I would have guessed it's the real deal. Anyone that wants the DJI one I say go for the eBay version. I'm not keeping it as I need more room for accessories, this is a great bag for just the bird and essentials.

Ordered a GPC standard bag, they look great and tons of storage. Not as much protection but I'm not worried about it as I treat the bird like a newborn child while it's on the ground.

I have to say I tried one made by Koozam and I returned it. I landed with a Think Tank Photo Airport Helipak and I love it. Pricier than all these options but it's the same size as a carry on luggage, fits my P3A drone and my DSLR so it's an excellent travel bag. Also came with a rain jacket type thing. Overall, I love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers