Best MP4 file repair Utility - MAC

Reaction score
I moved up from the original Phantom and a GoPro Hero3. As a practice, once I am done with my flight, I switch the bird off as a first step. Unfortunately, I am also not conditioned yet to stop the video record before I switch off the bird. I now have a few corrupt MP4 files.

What is the best MAC utility to repair my mistakes?

Thanks

urgno said:
try to put the sd back in the p2v then power it on and wait ... it should repair the files itself :)

Seems like this is a great work around for the p2v.

But I have done the same thing, twice I might add, with the p2v+ and it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas or file repair utility for Mac that anyone knows of.

Desperately need these files.

Thanks

Ano

Hi, so i am a p2v+ owner who just had this problem, been searching online for a solution for a few hours, came across this, saw that it didn't work for the guy above, decided to try it anyways.

1) insert SD card
2) power on phantom 2 vision+, remote, and wifi extender
3) connect your mobile device to the wifi network and lanuch the app
4) navigate to the album and then to the sd card
5) open your truncated video, it will (should? this is how it played out for me) begin playing after a moment

at that point I was able to copy it to my phone, did the copy just in case, powered everything down, pulled the sd card, copy things to my computer, everything is right in the universe.

llikrevo said:
Hi, so i am a p2v+ owner who just had this problem, been searching online for a solution for a few hours, came across this, saw that it didn't work for the guy above, decided to try it anyways.
So after this heartening tale I tried it. And alas the little thinking wheel spun and spun and spun and nothing happened. ****! Worth a try though.

Nope, that German tool does not work for P2V+ files. Not for mine at least!

//Mats

I had to do this today, thanks for the suggestion to put it back in. I put the SD card into the P2V+ camera and powered up in order: the RC, the Range Extender, then the P2V+. Noticed the recording light was red on my display initially until it connected to the P2V+, the light went off (naturally, as it was not recording). Powered everything down, pulled the SD card. It fixed the corrupted file issue. fwiw, I did not access the Album through the App

Attachments

• djific.jpg
    djific.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 822
Its for Windows, if you use the exe file, but you maybe can compile the source code with a C compiler on MAC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr