best micro sd card?

Reaction score
i read somewhere that there was a 32g limit to the card i can use on the phantom2vision+ camera...is that true? what's the best card to buy?

Yes, there is a 32GB limit on the card size.

Any class 10 should be okay... I have had great results with the Samsung Pro and the Sandisk Ultra Plus.

doesn't really matter what you are doing but you aren't going to fill 32GB in any great hurry. if you do get close to full just download to a PC and start again.

Reactions: jnshane
AsiaFlyer said:
How do you guys transfer your photos/vids to you computers? I find doing it via the app a bit of a hassle and very slow, I presume I can just get I micro sd to usb connector and do it that way???

yes i just pop it into an adapter as my mac has a sd card slot on the side.

Reactions: jnshane
robinb said:
AsiaFlyer said:
How do you guys transfer your photos/vids to you computers? I find doing it via the app a bit of a hassle and very slow, I presume I can just get I micro sd to usb connector and do it that way???

yes i just pop it into an adapter as my mac has a sd card slot on the side.
I never use the USB cable transfer on any device that has has removable media (other than my cell phone). Using the adapter is much faster. Also, I had a problem with the Adata brand of 32GB card and went with a Sandisk Class 10. No problems at all with the Sandisk.

AsiaFlyer said:

OMG don't even waste your time attempting to transfer videos through the App. Takes FOREVER. Either pop out the card and insert directly into your computer (fastest method) or plug a USB cable into the gimbal USB port, power on Phantom, and transfer from there (about 1/2 the speed of directly installing the card into your computer).

I normally use Sandisk Ultra (30Mbs) 32gb. They cost about $19. I use these for endurance racing (14-16 hours) and shoot at 720p30 and have had no issues with them for that. Howerver when using in my P2V+ shooting at 1080i60 I've had some issues with videos not being readable. Some where from forgetting to stop recording before shutting power off, but others where not. I also noticed when taking photos in Large format in burst shot, or timed shots under 5 seconds it would delay.
I also used a Patriot 16GB Class 10 (was not UHS1) (10Mbs?) and at 1080p30 it said it was too slow. It also said too slow at 1080i60 the first time, but then it worked after that.

Looking for faster card, I saw Transcend Premium (45Mbs) 32GB for only $17. That looked too good to be true so did some quick research to compare Transcend vs Sandisk. Transcend seems to be OK with only a few rare issues but most people recommend Sandisk or Lexar for HD video and pics. The Sandisk Extreme (45Mbs) 32GB is $28 and the Sandisk Extreme Plus (80Mbs) 32GB is $39.

Just for fun I looked to see what the Lexar prices where since they were supposed to be even higher quality than the Sandisk. The Lexar 300x (45Mbs) 32GB was only $25 and the Lexar 633x High Performance (95Mbs) was only $29. The Lexar 633x (95Mbs) 32GB card also comes with a USB 3.0 adapter for faster transfers on your computer.
So I ordered one of those Lexar 633x cards. Will let you know how it goes.

-Scott

Im so lucky because a buddy of mine wholesales the SanDisk micros. Gave me 5, 16gb micros and i have used every single one without failure.

sbarton said:
How did you get 64GB to work? I thought it was limited to 32GB cards? I'm pretty sure I put in a Sandisk Ultra 64GB once and it gave me an error.

-Scott

Not real sure I never really knew there was a limit. Had a couple 64 gb cards laying around and just through one in and it has always worked. Usually if Micro SDHC or XC is accepted any of them will work no matter the size at least that's how its been for phones all this time. No matter what they say is accepted. Or the limit is

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409263252273.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409263252273.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 481
For what it's worth the mobius action cam which is 1080 , does not work on a class 10 card.
You have to use a cheaper card.
I'm just saying a faster card isn't always better. I have just a cheap sandisk and it works great on my +.

Mori55, What card did you use in the Mobius? Is it Class 10 only, or is it also UHS-1 (see pic above where it has a large U with a 1 inside it). You need a UHS-1 (30Mbps) card at minimum to do 1080p. Class 10 alone is only 10Mbps, and may not be fast enough.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7IL_tH5wx8[/youtube]

-Scott

FYI, the 16GB version of the very fast cards have half the write speed as the 32GB or bigger cards. They still have the same read speed though.

"All three capacities of this card are rated at 95MB/s for read speed, but the write speeds differ greatly. The 16GB model has a 25MB/s write speed, whereas the 32GB and 64GB models are rated at 47MB/s. There is a huge increase in write performance with the higher capacity cards use more NAND and therefore have more channels available to move data along to the controller. At a certain point the channels get saturated and this is why you see a performance difference due to the capacity of the card."
Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/lexar-micro ... i7rwKsj.99

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic