Best lipo without mods

Reaction score
I see people are using the tristar 4000mah from hobby king with a few mods, my question is what big mah lipos is anybody using without doing any cutting or mods in anyway. At present im using 2500mah from buzzflyer they fit a treat with about 8 and half mins flt time before 1st warning flash. Would love to extend flight time WITHOUT cutting or hanging wires out or any mods in anyway.

its a 2 min mod. very easy to do , take a pair of side cutters , cut the 3 little plastic braces off. cut a bit off the bottom of frame , a hole on the side of the door. that's what this hobbies about. make it yours , to me it was well worth it, im getting 11 mins, flying a pig over 1400g you only live once :D

Overlander do a 2900..

Go direct to overlander for the best price..

I want a 4000 but it seems impossible to get one from in the UK..

Haven't changed anything on the battery settings

battery%2Bsettings.jpg

What is the problem cutting the battery door opening a few extra mm? You can just buy that small replacement panel on ebay if you ever needed it to look back to original.

I got 2 2200 Lipos connected with a T-cable and little or no modding. Just a notch out of the battery door on both sides. And I made battery holders from trunking rails, the ones you use to tidy up cables along the wall in your house. Attached them to the motor arms with tie wraps. Very simple, cheap and it works flawlessly. Once I was satisfied with it I attached them permanently with little parkers.

My FC40 is about 1300grams with Gopro, FC40cam, 2 batteries. I got 13 minutes before it hits 11.1 Volts at which I set the Lipo warning buzzer. It will fly for another minute and a half before it auto lands at 10.5 volts. I guess with 2 2600 batteries I might get 16-18 minutes.
The battery rails allow for fine adjustment of balance by sliding the batteries forward or backward, allowing you to take off with just the throttle stick input, no matter how your particular weight distribution is. Also, without any further modding it allows you to experiment with different batteries. It holds a lot of sizes of batteries this way.

If you're interested in the DIY battery rails let me know, I'll post some pictures.

Yes, pictures please...
TIA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav