Reaction score
I added Finger lights to the landing gear and it makes a big differeance!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Check out Cree Strobe Lights for UAVs. There is another thread on the forum that has a lot of info on them. But I own two of them and if you want bright and the option for a serious strobe effect they are light weight, small but mighty. Very highly visible.

Reactions: mindstorm
Check out Cree Strobe Lights for UAVs. There is another thread on the forum that has a lot of info on them. But I own two of them and if you want bright and the option for a serious strobe effect they are light weight, small but mighty. Very highly visible.
I think this is the thread you mention. The Strobon Standalones are incredible.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I added Finger lights to the landing gear and it makes a big differeance!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I got these from ebay,not here yet but were cheap,own batt power,i also use strobon v2s which i will adapt to these below
20170717_181753.jpg
1500272641420-1595407256.jpg
1500272744326-50109446.jpg
not sure on range but a long way

Reactions: Tommy Drone
Do you have the eBay link? Just being nosey really, Ian!
However, if you have V2 Cree Strobon's why have you bought the other ones? Also, what do you mean when you say "I will adapt to these"?
1500277955845-1640095703.jpg
i just searched phantom 4 lights on ebay and came back with these and others,by adapting in mean im going to run my strobes off the batt pac that comes with other light(its 24 LED )but i currently run my strobes off a 3.7volt lipo batt cable tied to landing gear and been searching and experimenting with ways to mount good without creating wind drag on it,,i lose 12kph just with having batt on gear this way,new lights tidy but with v2 hooked up be more efective and no so much drag ,been waiting a while should be soon,i update new light pictures in near future

View attachment 85476i just searched phantom 4 lights on ebay and came back with these and others,by adapting in mean im going to run my strobes off the batt pac that comes with other light(its 24 LED )but i currently run my strobes off a 3.7volt lipo batt cable tied to landing gear and been searching and experimenting with ways to mount good without creating wind drag on it,,i lose 12kph just with having batt on gear this way,new lights tidy but with v2 hooked up be more efective and no so much drag ,been waiting a while should be soon,i update new light pictures in near future
This my batt pac at the moment
1500279011173-147654735.jpg
made with extras i had lying around ,works but look terrible and lot of drag

Reactions: Tommy Drone
These work very well - STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Light
I bought one & then a second one from STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help
Unbelievable service(arrived within 3 days) & a wealth of informative links at his website.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I used these little clips from HomeDepot (the Velcro is optional.) Cost about .30 each to mount!
IMG_20170719_215450.jpg

IMG_20170719_215606.jpg

IMG_20170719_215543.jpg

And, just for fun, they work very well to attach finger LED's for an aerial show at night.
IMG_20170719_215520.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170719_215520.jpg
    IMG_20170719_215520.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I have the Polar Pro led lights on front and back on landing gear. I set them on flash and I can see them at night at about 10,000 feet. Also have 2 white cree strobes that msinger sells. These are the ones that are rechargable. Very bright. Looked at one when I turned them on and could not see anything for a minute, blinded me. Bad me. LOL

I have the Polar Pro led lights on front and back on landing gear. I set them on flash and I can see them at night at about 10,000 feet. Also have 2 white cree strobes that msinger sells. These are the ones that are rechargable. Very bright. Looked at one when I turned them on and could not see anything for a minute, blinded me. Bad me. LOL

I've done most of my flying over the sea from cliff-tops. Grey sea, grey clouds - it's easy to loose sight of the drone at a few hundred metres distance unless you know exactly where to look. Are these lights visible during full daylight at this distance? The drone's own lights certainly aren't. Can they be seen by the camera?

I've done most of my flying over the sea from cliff-tops. Grey sea, grey clouds - it's easy to loose sight of the drone at a few hundred metres distance unless you know exactly where to look. Are these lights visible during full daylight at this distance? The drone's own lights certainly aren't. Can they be seen by the camera?
During the day they do help, I'd say up to about 800ft or so. But at night is when they really "shine" (pun intended).

I never fly in daylight, only at night. I don't take pictures or movies so can't answer that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.