Best Ipad for flying and Updating Firmware?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm enjoying the new drone and would like to get an IPad for better visibility. I can't use my work computer to download and upgrade the firmware on the drone (against MIS rules) so would like to use the Ipad. I have heard the Ipad (or maybe just some models) doesn't have a USB port, but can I use an adapter or other means to download and install firmware upgrades? Which Ipad should I get?

Thanks!

Clint

thanks, so I download the firmware upgrade on the Ipad and transfer onto the card? Then how do I install on the drone?

Does the IPad need to be activated as a phone to use the GPS?

Cool, thanks. I have an P3 standard so can I update from the DJI Go app on my I phone via Bluetooth? I have the intelligent navigation modes so I think my firmware is current. about how often do you need to upgrade?

I have an P3 standard so can I update from the DJI Go app on my I phone via Bluetooth?
The process is pretty automatic for the P3S. It's updated via the Wi-Fi connection. Just follow the prompts in DJI GO.

There is no set firmware release schedule. It's usually a surprise for most people when DJI releases new firmware.

Awesome, thanks! so I'm off to get an I Pad. Thinking I pad Mini, Good choice? if I understand, the drone uses its own GPS, not affected by the GPS on the I pad except in "follow me mode" and point of interest mode? Can I still use the home base function (controls referenced to home base location) on the intelligent navigation mode, it just won't update the home base location? Any issue to use the I phone for the I. N. functions and the I pad when I'm not, both synced to the drone?

Thinking I pad Mini, Good choice?
That's what I normally use. The iPad Air would be a better choice if you want a larger display for some reason.

the drone uses its own GPS, not affected by the GPS on the I pad except in "follow me mode" and point of interest mode? Can I still use the home base function (controls referenced to home base location) on the intelligent navigation mode, it just won't update the home base location?
GPS on your mobile device is purely optional. Without out, you cannot use the Follow Me feature or reset the home point to your current location. Neither of those features are used by most people.

Any issue to use the I phone for the I. N. functions and the I pad when I'm not, both synced to the drone?
What are I. N. functions?

so without mobile device GPS,will the home point stay where the drone took off from?

IN = "intelligent navigation" function.

anything special (versions) to look for on an iPhone mini ?

thanks,

Clint

Sorry, never mind on the I pad version question, its on the link you sent. Going for an I pad mini 2, 32 GB, Refurbished on Amazon for $279 :)

Please confirm, without GPS on the mobile device, the home point will remain where the drone took off from.

Thanks!

Clint

No. The P3S communicates via Wi-Fi. All iPad models have W-Fi.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4