Best Ground School?

Reaction score
Looking for a good ground school for P107 (initial) that emphasizes section charts and weather.

Any recommendations?

There are several that have gotten good reviews here. I used Gold Seal, you own the course for life, it gets updated as things change, and they guarantee you will pass or they pay the test cost. Also, their FB group was pretty active so if you had questions on the material, you could post them and they would respond pretty quickly. I passed with a 93%. I recommend them, but as stated, others have had good experiences with other outfits, I'm sure someone will chime in on that. Good Luck!

Reactions: mrozburn
Gold Seal hands down! Taught by aviation professionals and taught in a way to teach your the subject matter as opposed to teaching you how to simply "pass the test".

Plus they are a forum sponsor and an industry leader for all of us.

Reactions: N42742
There is so much free info on line, like Ruprecht Law and some of the paid schools post free tutorials on Youtube...so much there, just try searching on Google or Youtube. I also used a $5 app, Prepware's Remote Pilot.

I actually used 2 (because I’m always nervous that I’m not getting everything). They were both excellent. “Drone pilot ground school” was excellent, and I filled in the gaps with another excellent one called “remote pilot 101”. Both cost. But they were very informative. Both are highly recommended by me, for what it’s worth

Reactions: PhoenixOne
H
I actually used 2 (because I’m always nervous that I’m not getting everything). They were both excellent. “Drone pilot ground school” was excellent, and I filled in the gaps with another excellent one called “remote pilot 101”. Both cost. But they were very informative. Both are highly recommended by me, for what it’s worth
how did you like remote pilot 101 i was gonna try that one? Could.you of passed with that alone?

He was very good at explaining in layman’s terms. The only thing I didn’t like was he would sometime go off topic because he is also a private aircraft pilot. That’s where the other school came in. But all in all, the “101” was an excellent school. I have to say the we’re both excellent.

He was very good at explaining in layman’s terms. The only thing I didn’t like was he would sometime go off topic because he is also a private aircraft pilot. That’s where the other school came in. But all in all, the “101” was an excellent school. I have to say the we’re both excellent.
So no real preference over the other? I like the guy and all and I know they serve a purpose but he wears 2 watches and drives me nuts..lol i just want to find the most beneficial course because i dont even wanna take one. I kinda wanted to wing it but i figured buying a course would kinda force me to study more. I dont know.

Reactions: vincent228
So no real preference over the other? I like the guy and all and I know they serve a purpose but he wears 2 watches and drives me nuts..lol i just want to find the most beneficial course because i dont even wanna take one. I kinda wanted to wing it but i figured buying a course would kinda force me to study more. I dont know.
I can truthfully say I have no preference. And I never noticed the watches. Now it’s gonna bug me.?

Ba
I can truthfully say I have no preference. And I never noticed the watches. Now it’s gonna bug me.?
haha I know.. i was kinda like ok.. so what is one a aviation watch and maybe the other a smart watch ? I even commented on one of his YouTube videos politely asking but got no response... it bothered me that much haha. Like the guy easy enough though. Just want something straight and to the point. He moves his hands alot ?

Remotepilot101 was all I used. Passed with 3 wrong answers. Easy to understand and they seem to add content as new information comes along (like odd test questions). I believe they offer the guarantee too. Lifetime access included, which is good because I need to renew my license soon.

For any of them, I'd suggest running through a chapter first and just watching, then re-run and take some notes. Review your notes before the test and you should be golden.

Reactions: PhoenixOne
Drone U and Drone Pilot Ground School were not developed by FAA instructors. This means they have no training in the material they are teaching.

Gold Seal will let you take the first three lessons for free so you can see how it operates. Check it out and decide for yourself.

www.UAVGroundSchool.com

Our FB group was mentioned. It's active with over 1,000 pilots in the group. Here's the direct link for that:

And here's a short article that will help you get started.

Last edited:
There is so much free info on line, like Ruprecht Law and some of the paid schools post free tutorials on Youtube...so much there, just try searching on Google or Youtube. I also used a $5 app, Prepware's Remote Pilot.
Yes Iq

Yeah, there is tons of info on YouTube. I looked at a lot of it. Good info for sure but unstructured and some of it conflicting.

Really like the photographer who said he had zero previous aviation experience, took a one day seminar for $500, took the test the next day and passed with an 80. Seriously?

I went with Gold Seal and so far very pleased. While I was shopping around I found a $50 coupon for GS which surprisingly worked.

Thanks to all for your input.

Reactions: BigAl07
I went with Gold Seal and so far very pleased. While I was shopping around I found a $50 coupon for GS which surprisingly worked.

The Gold Seal coupon code is below:

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1