Best GPS Tracker?

Reaction score
Hi guys, what is the best gps tracker to use with P4? What's your favourite one? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

The best for you really depends on your needs though.

trackimo

I have a Trackimo too and I like it, but it uses 2G. If anyone decides to buy one (or any of the other 2G trackers), you should consider that they will no longer work after January 2017. See more details here.

guy from trackimo said they are going to take care of us when that happens so no worrys

How are they going to take care of us?

said might get new ones that work on 3g or give a big discount for a new one they weren't exactly sure on it yet but said will make it right with customers

Reactions: PaulJohn
That would be great. Their system is easy to use, so I hope to be able to continue to use it.

Reactions: PaulJohn
after hearing him talk about it I'm not worried cause I bought mine in feb it will all work out and yeah really easy to use

Has anyone tried the Amcrest tracker, there is a code to drop the price to $99

fb0133d3653008dcfd8fb2bce02018a1.jpg

9e191352a492de1a485fe45207fe7f38.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a Trackimo too and I like it, but it uses 2G. If anyone decides to buy one (or any of the other 2G trackers), you should consider that they will no longer work after January 2017. See more details here.
Interesting to know sincd that's only about 8 months from now. I'll have to read your link. How is that even legal?

I'll have to read your link. How is that even legal?
I'm not sure. It seems none of the other cell carriers are currently supporting 2G. So, I guess AT&T is just jumping on the sunset bandwagon.

Has anyone tried the Amcrest tracker, there is a code to drop the price to $99

I wouldn't touch that, $20.00 a month just for the service. With the cost of the device basically $350.00 for 1 year. Which is about half the cost of a new P3A. No way!

Last edited:
Reactions: maseman88
Interesting to know sincd that's only about 8 months from now. I'll have to read your link. How is that even legal?

They've been telling everyone for the last few years about how the 2G system will be ending, it hasn't been a secret. It's old technology, doesn't have the speeds as LTE

I wouldn't touch that, $20.00 a month just for the service. With the cost of the device basically $350.00 for 1 year. Which is about half the cost of a new P3A. No way!

I was thinking it could be added onto my account for less, or even use a company like straight talk where I could buy a simm and pop it in for less, that's why I was asking if anyone has used it

I'm not sure. It seems none of the other cell carriers are currently supporting 2G. So, I guess AT&T is just jumping on the sunset bandwagon.
Yeah, but it would seem to me that any person with a piece of electronics that has managed to keep it long enough to outlast any R&D on it, should reap the benefits and get the next thing in line rather than ending up with a brick, simply because she took care of it during it's run. It's BS if you ask me.

My original iPad (and I have literally like 5) now won't work with the latest version, and I can't roll back and I don't have the inclination for hacking and jailbreaking anymore so I feel Apple owes it to me to give me a working version of iOs or give me a piece of hardware that works with the software they demand.

Essentially in my mind, when you purchase something (besides Milk) there is a unwritten law of perpetuity and that if it breaks, it should be usable and fixable and the company you bought it from, who has a vested interest in making your old products obsolete, does exactly that.

Logic always wins out and if you keep breaking things down logically, you get truth. Of course some people will disagree with the "assumed perputuity" and I can respect that opinion, but this is what I think.

Anyone know of a GPS tracker that does NOT use AT&T? Because it has the worst cell coverage in this rural area. Verizon and U.S. Cellular have good backwoods coverage with their CDMA cell systems. Nobody has good GSM cell service here outside of town. CDMA does not use SIM cards.

2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj