Best GPS Tracker for P4

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a GPS tracker for my P4 and P3A. I want the lightest most accurate one I can buy , most likely I'm shopping on amazon but other places I'm interested in too. Thank you

There isn't one best tracker. All have pros and cons. You can find a list of commonly used trackers here.

I just bought Marco Polo on Amazon because it does not require contract and is NOT gps instead uses RF But only turns on transmitter when you tell it too so no interference with drone at all. Check it out

trackimo

I just bought Marco Polo on Amazon because it does not require contract and is NOT gps instead uses RF But only turns on transmitter when you tell it too so no interference with drone at all. Check it out
I was leaning towards that one. Plus the one I was looking at came with 2 little devices to put on drones.

marco polo doesn't have that great of range

Alright so Marco Polo is less likely to interfere using RF but has shorter range

Trackimo uses gps which could interfere and charges $5 monthly but has greater range.

I was looking at a trackimo on amazon that said first full year free then 5 dollars a month after but it was 2g. Now will 2g be fine or should I spring for a 3g if I decide to go with trackimo?
Also if I decide to go with Marco Polo what is the max range ?

if I decide to go with Marco Polo what is the max range ?
From their website:
  • Line of sight: up to 2 miles typical
  • Open terrain, rolling hills with few obstructions: up to .5 – 1 mile
  • Dense suburban areas: 2,000 ft. typical

It's better than nothing, at least you have a chance of finding the bird :) and I read nothing but good reviews as I put a lot of research time into tracking devices... we'll see how it works

2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg
go with 3g

Reactions: Yuma G
From their website:
  • Line of sight: up to 2 miles typical
  • Open terrain, rolling hills with few obstructions: up to .5 – 1 mile
  • Dense suburban areas: 2,000 ft. typical

That's about right @msinger. I tested my Marco Polo and had similar results. Each Phantom owner has their own preference for a tracker, and that's great. But, I have spotty cell service in my flight area, and could not use a Trackimo. Plus my device (iPad 2mini) is wifi only, no cell service, so using my iPhone with limited cell service would be difficult. Thanks for sharing the data above.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes but I just read on this very forum today about a guys P4 not coming homega and him searching up and down the streets looking for it.
seen a few of those on hear

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I use the rfv16 (2G) with a 3d printed mount.. for the price and what is does its well worth it.. but im waiting on the pebble core (3G) that i backed on kickstarter to see how well that works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20