best glove for handheld takeoff-landings?

Reaction score
P4P+ newbie Begin-Mode only;

Is anyone using protective glove
to prevent injury when executing
handheld takeoffs-landings??

Not doing handhelds any time soon,
just inquiring; are almost all injuries
to hand...? Obviously, wear glasses, too...

Not sure many people are doing hand launches. I ALWAYS launch from the ground, but I also most always hand catch a landing. I have never used a glove, as I just come down to 6ft or so, hover, come up under it and grab a leg. Then pull back on left stick to stop motors.

Any body out there using gloves?

Reactions: kbviper
Not sure many people are doing hand launches. I ALWAYS launch from the ground, but I also most always hand catch a landing. I have never used a glove, as I just come down to 6ft or so, hover, come up under it and grab a leg. Then pull back on left stick to stop motors.

Any body out there using gloves?

The first time I flew my P4 I landed it on my paved driveway. The motors did not shut down at the same time/speed and it slid to the right, jamming under the front of my car and scuffing up two props. Ever since then I take off from the ground and hand catch the same - grab a leg with right hand and shut down with the left. have not had a problem. Keep it above your head.

I always hand catch and see no need for a glove if you are being careful. A glove didn't help Michael Jackson....
Very Funny, Tevek. I laughed out loud. Do Aussies have to get the equivalent of an FAA license to do commercial stuff? Bob from Palm Springs CA

Very Funny, Tevek. I laughed out loud. Do Aussies have to get the equivalent of an FAA license to do commercial stuff? Bob from Palm Springs CA
Yes we do, there are a number service providers that can take you right up through to a full commercial licence. As a pure hobbyist, apart from similar rules to the US, we don't need to register our quads and are left alone away from the major cities, national parks and airports. That may change given the number of uav's out there now and a couple of idiots doing stupid things. There are only 24 million of us but we punch way above our weight for stupidity at times.

Ditto for me. Take off from land, usually from atop my case, then hand catch upon landing.
Becomes easier with experience.

I really hate gloves and only use them when it is very cold.
Most of the time I use hand catching. You don't need gloves. Make sure the drone is a bit above you and then grep the legs.
If the ground is not flat or dirty (leaves, sand, mud, high grass) I also use hand take off. You will need a RC neck strap for this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik