Best Free software to edit your videos

Reaction score
have tried sony vega,go pro ,and the win movie make,r how ever need a software to edi,t cut ,paste and effect sound in some of my videos, like to start with a free or demo version ,use a lot of photoshop so some of adobe products will me more user friendly for me
Thanks

did check the demo will the full version have a zoom? filming rc planes helis wont whant to get to close 2 them

If you have a mac, the easist solution would be iMovie since its dead simple. Also if your using a Gopro they give away their Gopro Studio for free with has very basic editing options but its free.

stevet said:
If you have a mac, the easist solution would be iMovie since its dead simple. Also if your using a Gopro they give away their Gopro Studio for free with has very basic editing options but its free.

In regards to GoPro Studio, I cant recall, but there is something that limits it to GOpro Videos - I think its cutting of vids.

I've tried a bunch. Roxio and Sony. I always end up back with Windows Movie Maker. I guess it's a bit like iMovie. Very simple to use, good transitions. It takes a while to add in all your movies but once that's done it manipulates them very quickly, especially for cuts and deletes.

I know it costs, but I use Camtasia Studio 8. Very simple, great tutorials, and very flexible.

Here's an example of one I just put together last night:

http://www.couchies.com/?p=58

Couchie, nice video.

FYI, at the top of your website, "Profesional" should be "Professional".

marg2 said:
...need a software to edi,t cut ,paste and effect sound in some of my videos ... use a lot of photoshop so some of adobe products will me more user friendly for me
Well I use Photoshop a fair amount, but Adobe Premiere was very difficult to learn. The user interface feels kind of old and out dated. Its powerful and full featured, but it reminds me what it used to be like using software in the 90s.

Since you already own Photoshop, have you tried using it for simple edits?
I've used it to remove fish eye from videos, but that's pretty much it. I did get the impression it has some video editing features built in.

Unless there is something I dont know (quite likely), then I think you'd have to create your own transitions and effects, but once you open a video in PS, and then convert it to a smart object, then you can use any of the normal PS filters on your video. (If you don't convert to smart object, a filter would only be applied to one frame of video

msinger said:
Couchie, nice video.

FYI, at the top of your website, "Profesional" should be "Professional".

Wow! Thanks! I was a bit tired when I did that... .I already caught some other typos I did! Yeesh!

-> Kicking my self now, looking in the mirror and mumbling, "Dumb ***" :oops:

marg2 said:
have tried sony vega,go pro ,and the win movie make,r how ever need a software to edi,t cut ,paste and effect sound in some of my videos, like to start with a free or demo version ,use a lot of photoshop so some of adobe products will me more user friendly for me
Thanks

All of the ones you listed do just that..
IMO, pick one and just spend time to learn it .. I think you will be amazed at their capabilities
Window movie maker or Imovie are good ones to start with

Might want to check out this article, it seems that your already using windows movie maker, but here are some other options listed here.

I use VirtualDub for deshaking, defisheye and add contrast, saturation and zoom. And Video Time Reversal 2 for reversal.
all free software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic