Best FPV Screen

Reaction score
What is the best FPV screen from your guys experience (computable with fatshark v2)? Also, what is needed to upgrade to the screen (anything extra i need to buy? I already have the fatshark and upgraded to the ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz w/ upgraded antenna.. forget the name of them)

I've had my phantom 1 for about a year now and have upgraded it to the fatshark last year, but I think I would like the screen better being that on a sunny day taking off the fat shark goggles and looking in the sky for the drone hurts my eyes because of the light adjustment.

All help is appreciated!

Black pearl.

For me its the Boscam 5802... Much better reception quality.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0RClicTeU[/youtube]

GhostMaster said:
For me its the Boscam 5802... Much better reception quality.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0RClicTeU[/youtube]

yes that does look significantly better. So all i need to do is order the screen? I can use all of the receivers I have already?

r3tro23 said:
yes that does look significantly better. So all i need to do is order the screen? I can use all of the receivers I have already?

There are basically 2 different sets of frequencies... certain manufacturers use one set, others use another set... I'm not sure if there's any equipment that can receive both sets.

my point is, make sure whatever receiver you buy is compatible with your transmitter. some light googling should take care of it for you pretty quickly.. make sure you know exactly what channel/frequency your transmitter is, and then verify that your potential receiver can receive on that channel

QYV said:
r3tro23 said:

There are basically 2 different sets of frequencies... certain manufacturers use one set, others use another set... I'm not sure if there's any equipment that can receive both sets.

my point is, make sure whatever receiver you buy is compatible with your transmitter. some light googling should take care of it for you pretty quickly.. make sure you know exactly what channel/frequency your transmitter is, and then verify that your potential receiver can receive on that channel

ok great, thanks!

The boscam is a great monitor, but the built-in receiver(s) don't work on the same frequencies as your Immersion Tx, so if you got that one you would still have to buy an external Rx (like the one I linked above). That's why I didn't get the boscam, because I'd be paying the premium for the internal Rx I didn't need.

OI Photography said:
The boscam is a great monitor, but the built-in receiver(s) don't work on the same frequencies as your Immersion Tx, so if you got that one you would still have to buy an external Rx (like the one I linked above). That's why I didn't get the boscam, because I'd be paying the premium for the internal Rx I didn't need.

If you don't need the built in receiver, or you don't care about a diversity unit, then I think the Lilliput 664 has easily the best resolution.

sar104 said:
OI Photography said:

If you don't need the built in receiver, or you don't care about a diversity unit, then I think the Lilliput 664 has easily the best resolution.

Yeah it is a beautiful display, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the price difference for one.

OI Photography said:
sar104 said:
OI Photography said:

Yeah it is a beautiful display, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the price difference for one.

I use one with a Lightbridge, which really does take advantage of the screen quality.

your gonna want this kit its all plug and play heres what you need when you buy this kit don't use the stock transmitter it came with its weak buy the immersion rc 600 i'll post the link for everthing you need and a plug and play for the iosd mini and immersion rc 600 with a youtube video on how to install very easy and no soldering!

https://www.gothelirc.com/shopexd.asp?id=1980 (black pearl fpv kit don't bother using there transmitter when it arrives)

https://www.gothelirc.com/shopexd.asp?id=2050 (black pearl monitor charger)

https://www.gothelirc.com/shopexd.asp?id=1599 (carbon fiber monitor holder for your remote control can be used also on dji 1 and 2)

http://www.getfpv.com/5-8ghz-600mw-video-tx.html (immersion rc 600 transmitter)

http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/d ... tter-cable (plug and play cable)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... e:IN+STOCK#inpage:Shipping+:++$?gclid=CjkKEQjw_ZmdBRD1qNKXhomX_sEBEiQAc9XNUF39yUdcnn42ki0Uzes50AEeSdMcoBAKdGwnPp64F5fw_wcB (iosd mini)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ido6peKTKKo (video of plug and play installation)

this is all you need to get started hope this helps

For my eyes I wanted a 10" screen, and since I have the BoscamTx/Rc already, I'm going with a Luminier HD monitor, will come in handy for other uses and ready for Lightbridge (HDMI input). Just have to have external battery.

I've been out flying this afternoon with a fellow forum member who has a Black Pearl monitor, and the difference between the brightness of his monitor and my "Feelworld" FPV monitor was amazing. He was struggling to see his FPV picture with a sun-hood on the monitor, while my picture was bright and clear even without a sun-hood. The Black Pearl is certainly a lot more lightweight and compact, but the Feelworld is so much brighter.

That video above was not a scientific test. I've heard and read on product sites that you should NOT use a 32 Channel BP with ImmersionRC transmitters. The 7 Channel Black Pearl is ideal for that one or a flyslight Tx.

Reactions: Richard J
What is the best FPV screen from your guys experience (computable with fatshark v2)? Also, what is needed to upgrade to the screen (anything extra i need to buy? I already have the fatshark and upgraded to the ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz w/ upgraded antenna.. forget the name of them)

I've had my phantom 1 for about a year now and have upgraded it to the fatshark last year, but I think I would like the screen better being that on a sunny day taking off the fat shark goggles and looking in the sky for the drone hurts my eyes because of the light adjustment.

All help is appreciated!

I have been my due Diligence and have done lots of comparing all the old names lilliput,Boscam etc, The winner in IMHO is Feelworld they are producing FPV monitors with or without DVR function, Diversity auto channel switching , Internal batteries that have a battery door so we can add an external power supply and they make 600 cd/m2 to 1000 cd/m2 in brightness which blows all other monitors out of the water when using them in the sun , They also make some it WHITE color to match our DJI radio remotes , The parent company who I have been in contact with makes the BEST monitors in China period and they come with a 1 year warranty , they also make screen sizes from 7 " to 12 models " all types of resolutons and brightness, go to Feelworld.com and have a look see ,

I have been my due Diligence and have done lots of comparing all the old names lilliput,Boscam etc, The winner in IMHO is Feelworld they are producing FPV monitors with or without DVR function, Diversity auto channel switching , Internal batteries that have a battery door so we can add an external power supply and they make 600 cd/m2 to 1000 cd/m2 in brightness which blows all other monitors out of the water when using them in the sun , They also make some it WHITE color to match our DJI radio remotes , The parent company who I have been in contact with makes the BEST monitors in China period and they come with a 1 year warranty , they also make screen sizes from 7 " to 12 models " all types of resolutons and brightness, go to Feelworld.com and have a look see ,

You may think increased brightness is the answer to seeing the screen on a sunny day it's not glare is the biggest problem of all. Sun hoods help but not when the sun is behind you and hitting the screen.

Reactions: Richard J
You may think increased brightness is the answer to seeing the screen on a sunny day it's not glare is the biggest problem of all. Sun hoods help but not when the sun is behind you and hitting the screen.
if you're flying FPV you have the ability to put the sun in front of you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic