Best fpv goggles??

My current favorites are the Avegant Glyph headset and the DJI Goggles. You can find a complete list of commonly used FPV goggles here.

FYI, you'll need to install the HDMI Output Module on your remote controller like this if you want to use goggles that connect via an HDMI cable.

Last edited:
I have the DJI Goggles, I'm very happy with them. I haven't used anything else to compare with, however. One possible issue to consider with Goggles is the lack of diopter adjustment.

It depends how you want to fly, if you race get fat shark, If you want full emmersion dji are probably good but expensive, I have headplays at a reasonable price $249.00 US Crazy pony screen is 5 inches at 800 x 480, headplays are 7 inches at 1024 x 600, They are goofy looking but light and the image is real good for the price, my only beef is when you go further away the image gets grainier and that is probably the signal from the RC degenerating. I got mine one year ago with no issues.

Last edited:
Yes, you will need an adapter to convert the HDMI to a mini HDMI. I'm using the Afunta adapter.

Last edited:
I switched from googles to the Moverio BT-300 FPV glasses. WOW! I'll never switch back. See comments under Moverio discussions. VR (virtual reality) makes it necessary to have a spotter. AR (Augmented Reality) allows you to see the FPV image AND the VLOS tracking of your drone and potential surrounding hazzards (e.g. Ultra-Lights, light aircraft).

I'm not familiar with Avegant glyph ... but from what I checked out on the internet, it is in no way the same. The Moverio BT-300 FPV runs DJI Go and DJI Go 4 apps. But ... you see a bright, clear screen in front of you. Check several YouTube videos to get a better idea. Epson also is working close-in-hand with DJI to keep the DJI Go apps up-to-date.

Wouldn't the Avegant glyph be similar since your eyes aren't actually inside a box?
While wearing the Avegant Glyph headset, you could look down and see your mobile device screen. If you tilt your head down with them on, you can also easily see over top of them. So, I guess it would be just as good as using the Epson BT-300 since it's impossible to see the Phantom through the Epson screen and shades (when using the darkest shades). I'm not sure that either counts as flying VLOS since you're only truly flying VLOS while looking over the top of the glasses/headset. If VLOS doesn't mean you must maintain visual contact the entire time, then you're golden with either solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: mahera
While wearing the Avegant Glyph headset, you could look down and see your mobile device screen. If you tilt your head down with them on, you can also easily see over top of them. So, I guess it would be just as good as using the Epson BT-300 since it's impossible to see the Phantom through the Epson screen and shades (when using the darkest shades). I'm not sure that either counts as flying VLOS since you're only truly flying VLOS while looking over the top of the glasses/headset. If VLOS doesn't mean you must maintain visual contact the entire time, then you're golden with either solution.

I find that when looking down to see a mobile device screen, there is a tendency to lose your drone when it is more than a few hundred yards away. With the BT-300, this does not happen. You switch back and forth rapidly ... often, in fact it seems as if you are actually watching both the display and drone at the same time. The issue then becomes whether the much improved solution is justified by the $800 cost. Subjectively, I must answer the question ... YES!

Reactions: welbeck
Based upon the Youtube videos that I've seen of the BT-300, the overlay could be distracting and confusing. But, I also realize that the video can only partially represent the experience that you see, so until I actually try one (which I'd love to do) you won't really know how it good it actually is. Personally, I'm more drawn to the Avegant Glyph's, but I haven't tried those either, they just seem the most convenient and the best features/tech for me.

Based upon the Youtube videos that I've seen of the BT-300, the overlay could be distracting and confusing. But, I also realize that the video can only partially represent the experience that you see, so until I actually try one (which I'd love to do) you won't really know how it good it actually is. Personally, I'm more drawn to the Avegant Glyph's, but I haven't tried those either, they just seem the most convenient and the best features/tech for me.

I had similar questions and felt the only way to make a decision was to actually use the BT-300. B&H allows you to order them and you have 30 days to decide if they meet your requirements. If not, you can send them back. The BT-300 is light (not bulky) and the image is very bright and clear. I adjust the image so it is not transparent and use the darkest glasses. As the image in front of you is narrow, you easily see VLOS views above or below the BT-300 image. Meanwhile, the BT-300 image in the center looks like you are looking at an ultra high def large screen TV.

I find that when looking down to see a mobile device screen, there is a tendency to lose your drone when it is more than a few hundred yards away.
Right. I only mentioned it as a possible pro as it allows you to interact with a mobile device without taking off the goggles/glasses (which is a must when using most other goggles/glasses).

With the BT-300, this does not happen. You switch back and forth rapidly ... often, in fact it seems as if you are actually watching both the display and drone at the same time.
When using the BT-300 glasses, I'm not able to see the Phantom through the screen. And since seeing the screen outside during the day requires the darkest shades (the included Rochester shades) to be on the glasses, I cannot see the Phantom through the shades either (around the screen). That means I have to look above/below the glasses to visually see the Phantom (just like the Avegant Glyph headset).

While most BT-300 reviews I've seen don't mention this issue, I don't recall seeing any that said the Phantom could easily be seen through the screen and/or the glasses around the screen (while using the darkest shades). I'm actually surprised to see you saying the Phantom can be easily seen (unless you meant above/below the glasses).

Wonder if these are good. The price seems ok
1498386424552.png
1498386431112.png
1498386437672.png

I just got the Glyphs for a killer deal on ebay
Hopefully it works out
I'll post up if and when I get them

Now you've got me super curious, so what was the killer deal (i.e. condition and price) as maybe it'll come up again?

Right. I only mentioned it as a possible pro as it allows you to interact with a mobile device without taking off the goggles/glasses (which is a must when using most other goggles/glasses).

When using the BT-300 glasses, I'm not able to see the Phantom through the screen. And since seeing the screen outside during the day requires the darkest shades (the included Rochester shades) to be on the glasses, I cannot see the Phantom through the shades either (around the screen). That means I have to look above/below the glasses to visually see the Phantom (just like the Avegant Glyph headset).

While most BT-300 reviews I've seen don't mention this issue, I don't recall seeing any that said the Phantom could easily be seen through the screen and/or the glasses around the screen (while using the darkest shades). I'm actually surprised to see you saying the Phantom can be easily seen (unless you meant above/below the glasses).

This is an interesting discussion. I agree that I don't try to see the Phantom throught the screen. I use the dark Rochester shades on the glasses so that I can't see through the bright, sharp image. But, as the image is narrow, I can look above and below the image. Looking over or under the image requires the eye to adjust about 15-20 degrees. Like you, I had doubts about the AR concept of looking through the translucent image. The YouTube videos showed two images that were overlaid upon one another. That was confusing. So, the only way I could make a decisio was to avoid online commentary or theory by actually ordering the BT-300 from B&H after confirming on the phone that I could return them if I decided they were not the very best solution for me. I did that and now swear by the BT-300's. I am much more at ease and confident that I am in full control of my Phantom when flying with the BT-300. You may come to a different conclusion. My suggestion is that you try all the alteratives under consideration.

Reactions: Per Timmermann
says it was used less than 2 hours
$228 plus $15 shipping
It was his first sale, no prior feedback

Great deal and I hope it works out well for you! I may have to grab a pair from Best Buy and see how I like them, so that I have the option to return if I don't

Please keep us posted about your thoughts on them.

Glyph doesn't use Bluetooth for anything other than firmware updates so far, which is done via the Avegant app which will sync itself.

Reactions: Budman
I'm also considering which FPV goggles to buy and am leaning towards DJI's which connect wirelessly to p4p and later DJI quads including the Mavic.
To the OP, if you haven't already, take a look at YouTube reviews of the DJI goggles being used with a Mavic or p4p. The point where you look feature looks really cool.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik