Best for service DJI or dealer?

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 which has the later motors recently developed a fault where one of the motors does not run correctly but stops & starts. And at least two other LEDs on the other arms don't light all the time. As I have found I have the V2 rather than the V2.1 ESC fitted I am rather miffed that this issue might have been with me as a ticking time bomb from the start. I have contacted the dealer who will repair it at a cost. But I also contacted DJI who have asked me to complete a Global Technical Support Form and e-mail to them for further instructions. As DJI were apparently replacing the ESC to craft earlier on is it likely that DJI will not charge for any repairs (I will ask them of course) Or is it there policy to always charge for repairs outside the 6-12 month (depending which bit goes wrong) period? If they do charge I would assume sending it back to the UK dealer rather than off to Holland and DJI might be best? Any thoughts?
If I was any good at soldering or knew somebody who was I might have tried repairing myself. I have opened up the craft and there is no sign of burning, melting etc and everything looks fine with solid solder points & free running motors. The craft has had about 8 hours flying time as this is just one hobby. No crashes or tip overs- always hand catch. And a couple of the usual cracks in the arms which occurred after 9 flights and have not spread.

cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj