Best FatShark 250mw Tx Placement on v1.1.1

Reaction score
Last weekend I installed the FatShark Predator v2 with the 250mw transmitter and the iOSD mini and took it out for a quick spin. I didn't get a chance to do a distance test, but everything seems to be working just fine so far.

I mounted the 250mw Tx on the belly of the Phantom using Velcro and pointing out (with the antenna pointing down) on the side with the compass.

My question is whether it would be better or safer to have the antenna pointing out the other side (the side with the two Phantom antennas)? Would there be any interference between the Tx, compass or Phantom antennas? I'm pretty sure I've read that people are getting the best reception with the antenna sticking out the side - as opposed to out the back of the Phantom.

Just looking for peace of mind to make sure I'm not going to run into funky problems or issues.

Thanks Gizmo. I'm also curious as to whether or not having the Tx antenna on the compass side will affect the compass - or if it would be better to have it on the Phantom's antenna side - or would it mess with those?

If you are ok with weight go ahead and buy a CF mounting plate, they stick out a bit keeping it away from compass and also improving video reception.

Attachments

• 10001576_10203581379040080_1671969392_n.jpg
    10001576_10203581379040080_1671969392_n.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 406
Thanks amrflyingdude. I might have to look into that - although my bird is already at 1200g w/ the MadDog battery. Might be time for a diet instead of adding more to it!

Jebus said:
Thanks amrflyingdude. I might have to look into that - although my bird is already at 1200g w/ the MadDog battery. Might be time for a diet instead of adding more to it!

Thats not bad at all. Mines is at 1250 with the Mad Dog 2700. I can still fly around for 10 minutes.

Yup... I've only flown it on two MadDog batteries since I've added everything to it and got around 10 minutes as well and about 8 minutes with the stock 2200mah battery. I've got some Vision props to throw on, but I'm going to fly it for a bit with the stock props just so I'll know for sure what kind of time I gain when I put the Vision props on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj