Best DVR for FPV

Reaction score
there are a million different DVR's and i have owned a few now. all for professional HD recording.
i am looking for something smaller that will plug into my blackpearl. nothing fancy.
i know a lot of people on here have DVR's for their FPV flight's...
what do you DVR users recommend.

And you can have a look about this one: Angel Eye KS-650M 2.5" Mini HD DVR

20294_1.jpg

Sorted - I was using the wrong video out cable for the Black Pearl, switched to the one supplied with it and it records fine. The recording is squashed at 800x600 but useable, I'll play with the settings and see if I can get anything better.

I'm thinking of grabbing one of those Angel Eye DVRs - as it looks like it'd be a nice solution to work with my FatShark goggles.

Question for you guys though... will it display the live video feed on it's LCD while it's recording? If so, that'd be great - as I always have a crowd of people around me that want to look through my goggles. This way I could let them watch the LCD on the Angel Eye instead.

Thanks

I bought a simple one that I plan to power from my black pearl. The cost was $34. This is where I got mine from a US seller http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1222817434

When you first look at the menu it's in Chinese but you can change it to english easily.

I can't really give a full recommendation yet as I haven't tested it with the black pearl.

Someone else here is using that DVR. I passed it up as it's max resolution was only 640 (VGA). My current method provides that and I was looking for at least 720.

LuvMyTJ said:
Someone else here is using that DVR. I passed it up as it's max resolution was only 640 (VGA). My current method provides that and I was looking for at least 720.
yeah, I picked that one to use in case I wanted to review a recording after a flight and not much more than that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4