Best device for FPV and video

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to the forum and getting a used Phantom P2+ and wanted to see what my best option is for my android or IOs device. I don't need a new phone (have an old 4s that I like) and wanted to see if there was any device I could get without having phone service tied to it. Does the latest ipod touch work well or is it best to get an iphone 6 or similar android device? Don't think I needed the 4G phone service just the WiFi with this model, correct?

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry if this is redundant.

Harry

Reactions: Advexure
Hello all,

New to the forum and getting a used Phantom P2+ and wanted to see what my best option is for my android or IOs device. I don't need a new phone (have an old 4s that I like) and wanted to see if there was any device I could get without having phone service tied to it. Does the latest ipod touch work well or is it best to get an iphone 6 or similar android device? Don't think I needed the 4G phone service just the WiFi with this model, correct?

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry if this is redundant.

Harry

Hi Harry,

Welcome to the forum. You would not need a device with cellular service. The only need for internet is to download to be able to do waypoint flying but you can download maps while you are wifi before you leave home. Your 4S would do just fine unless you're looking for a larger display.

Safe and happy flying!
- Dan

Thanks Dan. Looking for a larger display for sure. I heard about people using the Nexus 7. Anyone have experience with that or another suggested one?

Also if the Nexus 7 is a good choice should I get the 32gb newer version? Will that work on the P2V+ as well as the P3?

Thanks

Been reading for hours and this seems like a real complicated mess with Android stuff if you are not using an approved android phone. Would I be better off with an ipod touch or can someone chime in with the best config and model of an android tablet? Want to get something ordered tomorrow so I can get it here when I get my phantom.

Thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers