Best device for DJI App

Reaction score
Noob here. I have a Samsung Note 4 that I have been trying to use the app with my drone. 1) The screen is small and highly reflective, and 2) shortly into the flight I have no control of what I can record. The record buttons go grey and I can't switch between vid and still. Is this an Android issue? If so, I'm about to go buy the IPad 4 mini. Would this be a wise choice? I know it's a bit thicker and might not fit on the device holder on the RC. How do I get around that issue?

Noob here. I have a Samsung Note 4 that I have been trying to use the app with my drone. 1) The screen is small and highly reflective, and 2) shortly into the flight I have no control of what I can record. The record buttons go grey and I can't switch between vid and still. Is this an Android issue? If so, I'm about to go buy the IPad 4 mini. Would this be a wise choice? I know it's a bit thicker and might not fit on the device holder on the RC. How do I get around that issue?
You'll find countless threads about the Mini 4, but I don't recall anyone asking if it will fit.
It will easily fit in the device holder, so no worries there.

Last edited:
Thanks, Oso. I know there are countless threads. It's confusing to me. I see more threads about the mini 3 and the mini 2 being the best. I like to start with the latest technology hoping it won't outdate as quickly...

Reactions: Oso
The iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 4 both work great for me. There are a lot of other devices that work well too. See a complete list here.

[QUOTE="moviestar, post: 627135, member: 50305"Is this an Android issue?[/QUOTE]
Lots of people are happy using Android tablets with their P3. I have a Nexus 7 2013 that works well and many people now are buying the Nvidia Shield K1.
On Apple devices you don't get GPS unless it has cellular (but you don't have to activate the cellular.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20