Best cases for Phantom 3

Reaction score
I currently have a P3A and would like to get a case instead of packing it up in the original box it came in. General uses thus far have been at the beach, traveling via car, going downtown to fly around. I'm thinking about taking it on a plane with me in September and would prefer to have it as a carry on. Which cases are the best quality for what my uses are. I only have 2 batteries (for now) and no guards. I also use an iPad mini for my screen. I see some have wheels, are they worth it? I don't mind carrying it suitcase style. It's not that heavy.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are so many cases available and there are many threads showing them. As case selection is truly a personal choice, you may scan threads to get good one that you like.

Boring answer maybe, but I was sold on the DJI hard case upon finding it to be the most compact...and I've been quite happy with it.

Seem to be some kock-offs now that are probably the same thing, sans logo (which is kind of good...I don't like tempting theft by advertising expensive gear, which is why none of my camera bags look like camera bags)

Are either of these cases waterproof? My largest concern is being on our boat or at the beach right now. How would they travel via airplane?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are either of these cases waterproof? My largest concern is being on our boat or at the beach right now. How would they travel via airplane?

alokbhargava's link is the same one I have; definitely not waterproof but most of why I like that it's so small is to carry it on. Any of the waterproof options I found were borderline or too large. FWIW I would be pretty comfortable checking the hardshell backpack, if I had to... sturdy and very snug.

In a pinch, the top cover can be removed and used for take-off, too

NOTE: it's been some time since I carried my phantom on an international flight, so you might do well to check LiPo battery requirements before you try that.

I have a Pelican M2600, less than $200, very nice, Military Grade, waterproof, Holds my P3A with propellers on, took it on several International flights with no problem from the airlines.... It fits my controller in an upright position with my windsurfer attached, also has a cutout for my tablet, and plenty of storage room for an additional action cam, propellers, USB battery charger and all of my extras.... Couldn't be happier....

Hyperlite3009, you can find a list of commonly used Phantom 3 cases here.

Last edited:
I have one of the $30-$60 knock off hard case backpacks. It's fantastic in terms of what fits and portability. Having the option to carry or throw it on my back is great because I can transport it with both hands free. I will get a picture up in a bit, but for my use, I pack it with the phantom, remote, gimbal guard, props, 2 batteries, 2 chargers, 2 charger cables, 1 micro usb cable, spare SD card, and a nexus 7 tablet.

here it is:

20160412_150446_zpsjjfodma6.jpg

20160412_150450_zpslwvbxgzw.jpg

20160412_150519_zpsroskcbwa.jpg

I have one of the $30-$60 knock off hard case backpacks. It's fantastic in terms of what fits and portability. Having the option to carry or throw it on my back is great because I can transport it with both hands free. I will get a picture up in a bit, but for my use, I pack it with the phantom, remote, gimbal guard, props, 2 batteries, 2 chargers, 2 charger cables, 1 micro usb cable, spare SD card, and a nexus 7 tablet.

I have one of these knock off cases too. I would definitely recommend. The quality is a lot better than I was expecting. Being able to wear it like a back-pack has been much more useful than I thought it would be when riding or walking to a nice flying spot.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have one of these knock off cases too. I would definitely recommend.

That appears to be exactly the same as my DJI one...i'd guess same OEM. Cheaper + no logos = good in my book.

+1 for the hands-free carry being handy. Has introduced drone hiking to my weekend activity list

That's really good to know. Wouldn't have guessed it big enough. Pick-n-pluck foam, yes? That's holding securely for you?

I had no problems taking it as CarryOn on 4 International flights either... :)
It also comes in different colors... I love the Orange... The emblem, I bought as a window sticker on amazon for $5, its been there for 6 months, still looks good.
DSCF3951.JPG
DSCF3952.JPG
DSCF3953.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Islandboy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers