Best case that allows propellors to stay on

Reaction score
What is the best affordable case that allows you to keep your propellors on? I rent out my Phantom and need a case so people are not just carying the drone.

I got a Mustang and that's 160 and B&H has a used Nanuk 945 hard case for under 115 delivered. That would be the one to get as it comes from a well known company and retailer, Item # 1391051

Waloshin, check out the Microraptor Pro case. I own a few of these and really like them. They are the only case I've seen that comes with solid supports to keep the foam in the lid from resting on top of the props.

The HPRC case is another good option for storing a Phantom with the props on. It contains recessed areas to keep the props safe.

Affordable is relative and depends on your budget but Case Club has a propellers on case for just under 170 and Procraft has got one at 149.95 while Hobby Ace goes as low as 119.99

Interesting...that first one has full propeller cutouts. I've been suspecting that the props taking a subtle bend in the case (i.e. sitting slightly bent for long enough to stay that way once on the bird) is accounting for intermittent balance issues with my P3P, since the props spin at very slight angles rather than level. I figured I wouldn't mess with the eggcrate-topped ones for that reason, but the Case Club looks ideal...'specially with the wheels. Could have used that shooting a road race last year....needed the rapid deployment time

EDIT: and FWIW Amazon has the Hobby Ace and others like it for $85

Reactions: Phantom-Four
Just got my case club case in for my P3P today. It's amazing. Holds all my gear very snugly. The cutouts for the props are awesome and there are 4 small rods sticking up for your props to stay in so they can't move while in transit.

Reactions: Phantom-Four
Waloshin, check out the Microraptor Pro case. I own a few of these and really like them. They are the only case I've seen that comes with solid supports to keep the foam in the lid from resting on top of the props.

The HPRC case is another good option for storing a Phantom with the props on. It contains recessed areas to keep the props safe.

+1 on the HPRC Case. It's by far the best for what you need. 4 latches, everything fits down inside the foam totally protected, lockable, has a pressure relief valve, 3 handles for 2 person carry if needed. I have this one and the Drone Crates Roller. For industrial style safety like what you need being that you rent them out, the HPRC is basically your only choice or at least by far the best choice well above the rest. Use msingers post for Amazon and here's the home page for reading - waterproof cases, hard cases, plastic cases - HPRC | Plaber S.r.l.

I took a pic for you to compare. The micro raptor, the club case, the drone crates and other leave the props up in harms way and sometimes over the batteries and extras. The HPRC encloses the bird and props in complete safety, isolated from everything else and the high grade foam molds itself around the arms and everything fits snug. I have my filters on top of the rc and the black spot on the left is a cover that comes with it for tools or whatever. My Drone Crates box is my work all box that carries everything but I really made a lot of mods for it myself. Notice how everything fits down into the foam, then the top comes down and seals each compartment individually. This holds my P3P

HPRC.jpg

Then here's my Drone Crates box for comparison. There's windsurfers in both boxes as well as filters, and chargers. The Drone Crates holds both of the large chargers, levels and so on. Where the SD cards are in this pic, now is cut out and holds my complete tool kit and then there's another cut out between the bird and rc that holds my charging hub. Like I said, the Drone Crates is my go too with everything. I haven't made any cuts yet in my HPRC. These 2 pics show the difference in the prop storage areas
DSC00905.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik