Best carrying case?

s2kboy said:
Looking for a hardshell type of case but am open to other options saw one on amazon for $200.00

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Case ... tom+2+case

Have no actively browsed the forum since I purchased my phantom, was wondering if there are better options out there. I have a blackpearl so carrying that would be a must.

I've got this case and it is definitely durable and can take a beating. I've got a phantom 2 with zenmuse h3-2d, avl58, iosD mini and a monitor. Thw only problem that I have is my monitor mount has to be removed from the rc to fit inside. Also, it really isn't practical keeping the props installed as there is little clearance for them near the edges of the case. I've seen others use Pelican cases and they cut out to fit.

Here are photos of my backpack case that cost $80 plus shipping.
It fulfills airline carry-on restrictions
-TACTICAL ALPHA OPS DIGITAL INTERNAL FRAME HYDRATION BACK PACK - Walmart $44.95
-Fastcap 1-1/8 Thick Kaizen Foam, 2' x 4' $13.69
-2-1/4 Thick Kaizen Foam, 2 ft x 4 ft Sheet $20.99
I used a knife and hot screw driver for the cutouts. The screw driver was heated up with a blow torch (you could use an iron or stove), and was used to smooth the edges and create holes for the antennas. The case also holds my FPV monitor and chargers. Remaining external pockets can be used for anything. It also came with a hydration reservoir. I slip the props along the side of the foam. I took out the stays (stiffener) since they are not needed and I used the excess foam to create a lumbar pad.

Attachments

• 02-IMG_9999.jpg
    02-IMG_9999.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 473
  • 03-IMG_9998.jpg
    03-IMG_9998.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 464
  • 05-IMG_0007.jpg
    05-IMG_0007.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 386

Recent Posts

Members online