BEST camera settings BUT for the P3A

Reaction score
I don't want to high jack any threads, but was wondering what is or what you consider the best camera setting for recording video on the P3A.

I've read a lot about camera settings for P3P but there seems to never be little if any mention for the advanced model. Would the p3p settings work for the p3a? Thx

Reactions: lotusteve
Best setting would depend on a lot of factors... Do you have any knowledge of photography? If you do you know how to set your camera and what settings to us... If not keep it in auto.

Reactions: dirkclod
Best setting would depend on a lot of factors... Do you have any knowledge of photography? If you do you know how to set your camera and what settings to us... If not keep it in auto.
I understand the functions in manual settings but I'm a novice at best.

I'm using custom settings mentioned in some of the 4k threads. I'm wondering if that's why(or because of the editing software I'm using, premiere elements 13)

when uploading to YouTube the video doesn't look the same.

I'll continue to play with settings.

So much to learn...when I started little over a year ago, it was learning to fly more then the art of the shot or video footage...now it's the complete opposite...thx

I understand the functions in manual settings but I'm a novice at best.

I'm using custom settings mentioned in some of the 4k threads. I'm wondering if that's why(or because of the editing software I'm using, premiere elements 13)

when uploading to YouTube the video doesn't look the same.

I'll continue to play with settings.

So much to learn...when I started little over a year ago, it was learning to fly more then the art of the shot or video footage...now it's the complete opposite...thx
Are you making sure when watching on youtube that you change the settings to hd,, otherwise youtube defaults to 480

Reactions: dirkclod
Are you making sure when watching on youtube that you change the settings to hd,, otherwise youtube defaults to 480
Yes, most definitely make sure...

What they said... Youtube with compress the crap out of your beautiful videos. Make sure you set youtube up for 720 or better yet 1080...

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I record in 2.7k and use Elements 14 (just upgraded) and I think my stuff comes out decent.

I don't want to high jack any threads, but was wondering what is or what you consider the best camera setting for recording video on the P3A.

I've read a lot about camera settings for P3P but there seems to never be little if any mention for the advanced model. Would the p3p settings work for the p3a? Thx
your videos look spot on to me on you tube. very nice..

Reactions: Bigdz and bobmyers
Good music, good compliance with the rule of thirds. Being honest both are way too long. The hardest thing to do I find is editing. I take 12 minutes of video and end up with 90 sec. Three minutes tops otherwise you risk loosing the audience. I stopped watching after 3 min on both. What I saw was excellent but too long. Hope this helps.
Beautiful video. I agree, little to long. But hey I do the same thing, I have a hard time cutting.

I sacrifice 2.7k resolution for the extra 30fps (1080p@60fps). Higher fps minimises tearing from quick pans or tilts. It also utilises the 40-45 mbs video bitrate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik