Best camera setting for taking night photos

Reaction score
I got asked to take some pictures of a high school football game under the lights tomorrow evening whats the best setting for this as I havent taken any night shots with the phantom3 pro yet, or am I just best to leave it in auto mode?

You doing any post? If so, then everything manual and iso 100 is the only way to go. Then just try to find right shutter speed. Usually it is better to over exsposure little than leave it too dark. If you add light in post, there might and there wil be some noise problems in darker areas. That is way to do it if you take pohots in low light. But in your case it is pretty harder, beacause you have to stop the movement, but hopefully there is enough lights ;-)

How do night shots turn out in auto mode, there is going to be alot of light on the field Im just taking the pictures right out of the phantom not doing any editing to them

auto mode will not work.. unless you want the settings to continue changing all through your shoot. Props to them for letting you shoot the game.

Please do not post the same topic in more than one area. Thanks ;)

If you aren't familiar with camera settings etc (and since you are asking it appears that you are not) ... you'd be best leaving it in auto.
The P3 will do a pretty good job all on its own and the chance that you'd mess up by trying to go manually is pretty good.
Forget settings, leave it in auto and concentrate on flying and framing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj