Best beginer drone to learn the ropes before investing in a phantom?

Reaction score
Hello Guys

I have been seriously considering getting a phantom to archive some shoots of Florida springs from a bird eye perspective. So far it seems the phantom 3 standard is the quad for this task. I have 0 experience with RC much less with drones so I was thinking in getting one of those cheap drones to learn the ropes before buying the phantom. It is less painful to crash $40 than $700 specially when you are flying over water. I am looking for a cheap drone that has the most in common with the phantom in the way the control is use, maneuverability, feeling of the quad while in the air etc. Dont know if such a thing exists. What drone you will consider that will help me to train and learn before getting the phantom. Thanks

syma 5c is one of many
I still fly mine as it way more sport like than the phantoms and I don't worry about it hurting anything it hits

runs about 50 bucks and works great as well as take a lot of abuse!

good luck and have fun flying!

you may look for a phantom 1.1.1 , were running about 300 for decent one recently

Phantom 3 was my 1st drone, had about 3 minor crashes with it, but who hasn't ? I know now not to fly in the backyard or near trees [emoji1]

I was thinking in getting one of those cheap drones to learn the ropes before buying the phantom. It is less painful to crash $40 than $700 specially when you are flying over water. I am looking for a cheap drone that has the most in common with the phantom in the way the control is use, maneuverability, feeling of the quad while in the air etc. Dont know if such a thing exists. What drone you will consider that will help me to train and learn before getting the phantom. Thanks
No "trainer drone" will be as easy to fly as the Phantom.
As long as you take your time and read the manual, you've got nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Adil J
trainer drone would be good idea in the event you need to fly phantom without GPS, but as Meta4 says as long as read manual you'll be fine. just take it easy, don't be like some I've seen fly for few minutes and think you have it down, only for few minutes after your picking it up from a crash.

My Dad got me a HAK909 for my birthday last summer which will FORCE you to learn to fly well without relying on high tech stability aids. Hence, I have all my original Phantom props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers