Best antennas for black pearl dual diversity monitor to have

Reaction score
Hi all just about a new black pearl 7" dual diversity monitor what's the Best antennas for black pearl dual diversity monitor to have & go for ???
Will be transmitting from a rc immersion vtx on the phantom
The ones that I had in mind were a Fatshark spironet one one side & Fatshark patch antenna on the other are these a good choice or should I be going with something else ???

Cheers for your input

Re: Best antennas for black pearl dual diversity monitor to

Hi, in the same quandary as have just ordered the pearl arriving tomorrow. I am working on the idea of range of FPV vs range of P2. I am planning to test with one stock and one sma 5.8GHz Circular Polarized Antenna to see how we go. Have seen the FS patch which kinda promises the world but more concerned on the practicality of the fitting on top of the LCD. I see others using it with tripods etc but obviously you then need a cable, not sure I want to be restricted. Will update.

Iceman said:
The ones that I had in mind were a Fatshark spironet one one side & Fatshark patch antenna on the other

thats a solid setup.

Little test with the BP and the Boscam RX-LCD5802, vTX has the Boscam TS58200 200mw on CH8.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0RClicTeU[/youtube]

Ksc said:
Iceman said:
The ones that I had in mind were a Fatshark spironet one one side & Fatshark patch antenna on the other

thats a solid setup.

yep,good setup-works well for me.

nwillitts said:
Ksc said:
Iceman said:

thats a solid setup.

Personally I would go with a Helical and a Spironet. read bad things about the patch.

nwillitts said:
Ksc said:
Iceman said:

thats a solid setup.

I've tried the same combo and it works fine. Sometimes I feel like the ImmersionRC patch antenna angles are too tight out past 1200m so if you find the same perhaps consider *I THINK* that some of the 5 and 6 turn helicals provide nearly equal gain but perhaps a bit wider coverage. I can't quantify that but feel like I see the lights on my Black Pearl and also on my setup using ImmersionRC Duo 5.8 on more often with the helical than the patch.

I've just put a cloverleaf type fatshark antenna set (v2) on one side of the black pearl and left the stock antenna on the other side, its much better than the stock antenna but have not fully tested at range apart from a height of about 360m.

I've yet to test this theory but I've heard the helical rx works better with the cloverleaf tx, whereas the patch rx works better with the original "ruby ducky" antenna as tx. I have spironet cloverleafs rx/tx and the spironet patch rx on mine (BP) which has been good for clear picture out to 2800m @ 60m so I haven't had the need to test this out. Maybe this weekend... :cool:

I find the patch is very directional but is diversity favored over the cloverleaf if it is aimed correctly, you'll get a lot of operator bias factoring into these reviews.

Skew-planar on one and Immersion patch on the other. Works really well for me.
vTx has a cloverleaf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair