Best Antenna

Reaction score
What is the best antenna to use for the P4 Standard? I would like more distance,from my house I can only go about 1600 feet away.

One solution has been to switch the controller to an Inspire1 controller.
GL 658C provides more range. Has a bit more power than the P4 controller.
Has worked well for me. No modification need.

Keep in mind the Visual Line of Site law.
Great tip, thanks. Whenever I take my P4P out farther than a mile or two I have my wife follow the bird with my Celestron 12 in. telescope. I'll holler out, "Still on 'er, Ma?" and she'll holler back, "Naw, buzzard got it, Pa" or whatever be the case. We make a great team for those long runs.

I cant picture that too,great laugh..
@MadMapper ,height sometimes your friend if signal bad,,I did get a itelite range extender panel,,it was best thing I did,,unsure on range but image free flights,haven't had RTH since fitted,some stock anttenna are good and some are terrible, also I notice with the panel you dont have to aim or chase your drone with remote facing it,unless going straight up,,I dont fly for miles but I like to have good clear screen view with range if needed

I cant picture that too,great laugh..
@MadMapper ,height sometimes your friend if signal bad,,I did get a itelite range extender panel,,it was best thing I did,,unsure on range but image free flights,haven't had RTH since fitted,some stock anttenna are good and some are terrible, also I notice with the panel you dont have to aim or chase your drone with remote facing it,unless going straight up,,I dont fly for miles but I like to have good clear screen view with range if needed
Do you have a link please?

Try this. They are available from many sellers. I love mine. Great range, less signal dropout. Be sure to get the panel AND the kit that includes cables, mounts, etc.

Some dealers even have install services if you don't feel comfortable working with small electronics. Good luck....[emoji106]

Do you have a link please?
Couple pictures,,,search MAXUAV and panels come up,he's actually a member here ,you can send him a message if want to make contact personally or go through website...ist pic is my remote with same panel,2nd pic the website and panel,3rd pic what they say about range,most important it shows it's made in Poland not China so it actually works lol
1599778015819200604372220576351.jpg
Screenshot_20200911-103704_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200911-103610_Chrome.jpg
20200911_103827.jpg

Attachments

• 20200911_103827.jpg
    20200911_103827.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 182

Try this. They are available from many sellers. I love mine. Great range, less signal dropout. Be sure to get the panel AND the kit that includes cables, mounts, etc.

Some dealers even have install services if you don't feel comfortable working with small electronics. Good luck....[emoji106]
Thanks, I ended getting ahold of the guy I bought my Phantom 4 from and he sold me this for $150

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I went with the Titan Cyclone amplified but they are unfortunately not made anymore.
Battery for amplifiers is built into the antenna panel which also has a battery gauge and a charge port, so it's a neater set up.
The panel connects via a T-Lock bayonet mount, one twist and it comes off for transport.
The T-lock also allows you to swap out antennas for different use situations.
The design also has quick release antenna cable connectors.

1599792730723.png

1599793189655.png

Last edited:
I have both maxx uav itelite flat panel only and the Titan switch that is a boosted panel with cyclone or change over to boosted whips.
As far as range for video goes since it's coming from the craft is close to the same for boosted or not. The boosted titan is a bit clearer but not by much, as you get further the image quality drops. The Titan because it's boosted will lose video about the same as non boosted but you still have control of the craft (clean air). Nice, your out and video completely cuts pull back straight and regain video. The bad about this is when video goes out and you think you lost communication you haven't so it's not going to self RTH, just remember that, and the nice thing is that when you lost orientation and video you can try to gain some altitude to regain or just initiate RTH yourself because you still have control of the craft with no video. The boosted are good some flying behind the bush but don't go to low. Today if I was going to get a boosted antenna I would get the Maxx uav boosted with the small panel because my small Maxx panel unboosted in clean air will go further then the battery can bring my P4 back. Boosted helps but in dirty air with to much interference is also boosted.

Reactions: MadMapper
The seller also offered me a Titan conquest for $100 for my 2nd Phantom 4. I just started "droning" 2 weeks ago. So this is all new to me. I flew gas helicopters for a few years. But that was 25 years ago.

Attachments

• received_369947137336035.jpeg
    received_369947137336035.jpeg
    646.9 KB · Views: 193
  • received_993035104453783.jpeg
    received_993035104453783.jpeg
    887.7 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: captainmilehigh
The seller also offered me a Titan conquest for $100 for my 2nd Phantom 4. I just started "droning" 2 weeks ago. So this is all new to me. I flew gas helicopters for a few years. But that was 25 years ago.

Do you have a modded remote controller to fit this ?
Once you do the Titan mod to the remote controller it's a bit messy to use other antennas unless they are from Titan, then they just snap in.
The video gives you an idea of the platform

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.