Best Android tablet

Reaction score
Hi searched the fourm but couldn't find much up to date info. Was wondering what the better android tablets are to run with the phantom 3. I know apple products are supposed to be the best but my Droid turbo seems to run very well and I like android alot better but also feel free to try and talk me into an iPad if it is that much better thanks

DJI employees are always recommending the iPad Mini and iPad Air. There are really many tablets that work well though. See this list for all commonly used tablets.

Hi searched the fourm but couldn't find much up to date info. Was wondering what the better android tablets are to run with the phantom 3. I know apple products are supposed to be the best but my Droid turbo seems to run very well and I like android alot better but also feel free to try and talk me into an iPad if it is that much better thanks
Hi itsharv ,

I can only say what I use and am happy with now ( after sorted one issue ),I have cheap Cavion 7 android tablet, it's not the best but used with Sunshade Hood Cover will give you nice image, even when sunny day , no lag problem .

Just got a Nexus 9. Good so far. Had to go into the developer functions and debug the USB to get the video to work.

Bang for the buck...Nexus 7..2013 model... cheap used...real bright....light and thin. You just have to start from a clean install - then disable or delete everything you are not going to use. Then install App Zapper...and zap any processes you see prior to flight (and then you can delete/disable those you see popping up in the Zapper. Batt life is about an hour at full brightness. there are threads on prepping it for best frame-rate. (oh, and it's brighter then the NVIDIA)

I wanted to use my 10.5 ... but I needed to buy an extension and I thought it would be really top heavy with the tab on?
Not a problem. Just get a Heavy plastic coated clothes hanger and make your own extension (I can post pictures) I also recommend getting the metal Inspire 1 tablet holder, although it is not necessary. The 10.5 is not heavy.

This tablet has a excellent display and my 50 year old *** don't have to wear my reading glasses.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - 8 inch. Powerful, very nice screen, visible in sunlight - but use a hood.

Samsung Tab S2 has bloatware that is easily removed. I have only installed the DJI Go plus Litchi apps - so dedicated to the P3P. Works well connected to my cell's 'hotspot' so can use live maps etc. Has GPS.

No crashes so far with DJI Go or Litchi and over a dozen flights. Much better than the Samsung Galaxy S6 cell phone that I had been using (to much bloatware).

I also disabled the following, but if any android expert has any more items, please add to the list.

ANT radio service
ANT+Plugins Service
Briefing
Chrome
com.samsung.android.sdk.spenv10
com.sec.android.ofviewer
Configupdater
Drive
Excel
Galaxy Apps
Google App
Google Contacts Sync