Best 3D Platform for detailed visuals

Reaction score
In the market for a 3D application that renders high-quality detailed images. My current impression is that in terms of the finished product, they're all the same. Some may have better ergonomics and workflow, but today I'm looking for the best finished product.

One thing that I find annoying is what I affectionately call "The Chernobyl Effect"... where buildings and structures start to melt as they near the ground. Automobiles in particular (and other low profile objects) really look sad. I'm assuming that's a trade-off for the coolness/slickness of the technology.

Hoping someone could recommend the best 3D platform out there that produces the best visuals. Thanks in advance...

The "Chernobyl Effect" comes from lack of enough images or images from the correct angles.

After your regular "Image Capture" flights we always take 2 more obrits around a structure to capture oblique imagery. This really goes a LONG way to cleaning up the "melted" vertical portions of the model.

Reactions: Kristina Fowler
The "Chernobyl Effect" comes from lack of enough images or images from the correct angles.

After your regular "Image Capture" flights we always take 2 more obrits around a structure to capture oblique imagery. This really goes a LONG way to cleaning up the "melted" vertical portions of the model.
Thanks Al - assuming you use the same technique for all the 3D platforms out there, is there any one platform that stands out from the others? Are they all the same, but with different gift wrap?

Platforms as in aircraft or software?

We use P3S, P3P and Inspire1 for our aircraft. In terms of software I've only used MME and Drone Deploy. I like MME because of the cost difference.

So Al - I'm assuming you do your MME missions in 3 parts >>1) A mission in one direction, 2) another mission going 90 degrees to the first, and 3) your orbital. Correct? I'm also assuming lower altitudes render better results.

So Al - I'm assuming you do your MME missions in 3 parts >>1) A mission in one direction, 2) another mission going 90 degrees to the first, and 3) your orbital. Correct? I'm also assuming lower altitudes render better results.

You are correct. I've not done one in a few months. Last one I did I actually did 2 sets of obliques at 2 different camera angles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.