Bent h3-3d gimbal arm

Reaction score
Hi all, had a small brush in with a tree followed by a hard landing upside down. Nothing damaged or chipped on the drone, but at the next flight I noticed the gimbal wasn't leveling itself. I can hear the motors running as if trying to leave itself but it gets caught at the top.

Messed around with the settings thinking it somehow got screwy with the calibration but all was normal. Upon closer examination, I see that the right arm of the gimbal (if looking from the rear) is twisted. I can't imagine how it could have gotten twisted from such a minor fall but after looking at other pics online to compare it sure looks twisted to me.

Would you agree based on these pics?

I've read that some people have been able to bend the arms back into place, but HOW?! The metal seems too strong to me. Is there a way of doing it? Thanks!

View attachment 27345View attachment 27346

Well I seem to have straightened out the arm and before I screwed the gimbal back onto the drone I tested it to see if it stayed in place. It did. I attached it with the four screws back onto the drone and now the gimbal WON'T power on!! The small green LED light flashes quickly when I turn on the drone and that's it. What could be the problem???

The saga continues - managed to reset the gimbal using the two contact points, the lights is now red/orange, but it's still not moving nor is showing up in the assistant. Even downloaded an earlier version of the assistant, and still nothing. Anyone????

Solution:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439586848.661191.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20