Bent Gimbal Arm

Reaction score
Hi Guys. 1 minute in to maiden flight and I crashed my brothers PV2 + ... (Sorry again Roo).
Hit a tree about 10ft up and damaged gimball arm. Applied a bit of pressure and got it to move somewhat more freely but 'Gimbal Obstruction' error pops up sometimes when motor is moved.
Has anyone had this happen to them and if it is possible to bend arm back into place easily enough or if we have to replace some or all of gimbal assembly.
It is just the elbow shaped piece of aluminium that holds the camera that seems to be damaged but cant really remember if the camera should be dangling the way it is.
Anyone help greatfully appreciated before he kills me!
Cheers
Bing

I have the same problem, bent arm. I'm pretty sure did it myself by crashing it against a wall. Everything was fine after but when I got it home I noticed the tilt in my vids and pics after which it found the bent arm.

Let me know if you come up with a good solution for bending it back.

Thanks!

The vertical shaft on my gimbal is also bent after a recent crash. The pictures are now tilted. What's the best way to bend it back? Or will we be able to correct for it by calibrating the gimbal? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Same here, dropped 30' onto pavement. Learned about propwash the hard way. Camera is not level and does not point forward. The dealer told me to try to align with the Gimbal assistant software but I cant figure out how to use software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic