Bent gimbal arm after crash?

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for looking at my thread. I recently crashed my phantom 3 pro and now my video horizon is off. I think the arm is bent but everything looks straight. There are scratch marks on the base where the arm rotates. Part of the arm also touches the base when I rotate the arm. If you guys have any tips to fix, I'd greatly appreciate it. Check out the photo for issue

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 5.38.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 5.38.05 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 481
In that picture, your yaw arm is bent to the right and the bottom of it is scraping on the base. Get yourself a replacement yaw arm and it might take you an hour or two to get it installed. Be very careful of the ribbon cable when youre doing it because youre going to have to remove it from the old arm.

You can get a new arm, and you can change it easily. Or, you can remove your yaw arm, place it in a bench vice and bend it back (carefully) and reuse. I've rescued two of mine that way and theyre good to go(til the next crash)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Go to ( FStop Labs.com) they have the parts you need and they are great quality. I use them all the time to repair customers cameras. Be very careful of the locking clips that hold the ribbon cable to the main gimbal board. If they pop off, they are almost impossible to put back on.

Just happen today. I crash my p3 advanced against the tree. My gimbal arm bent. I try to press it but i worry about ribbon cables. Now i try to press by strap. I dont know is it helping or not. I try to fly it but my footage shaking now. Need advice please..

Attachments

• 20161110_211927.jpg
    20161110_211927.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 405
  • 20161111_013222.jpg
    20161111_013222.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 451
now that is a bend. Change the yaw arm. Just be careful of the ribbon cable when you take it apart. Also be careful of the locking clips on the gimbal main board. Don't snap them off or u will need a new camera. If you don't think you can do it send it to someone to do for you. What country are you in?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20