Belize drone regulations

Reaction score
Currently in Belize, where I tried to bring my phantom for some photography. I had to leave it at customs. I had read up on regulations at Drone Laws By Country | UAV Systems International , which is really helpful.

In Belize, you have to have a lisence to fly. This is acquired at the bank of Belize, where you tell them where you plan on flying. I knew about this and had planned on getting one after arrival. You also cannot fly within 5 miles of an airport.

There were just a couple things I hadn't thought about:
1. Belize is so small that there is hardly anything OUTSIDE of 5 miles of an airport.
2. They won't let you leave with your drone to get a lisence. Oh have to have one beforehand.
3. Belize is such a tourist-y country that most of their regulations are copy paste from the FAA.

So what happened is I had to turn it over, and was given a "Temporary Receipt" that I will exchange for my phantom when I leave the country.

The funny thing about this scenario is that I'm not bugged at all. Apparently this happens pretty frequently, and I'm not concerned for the safety of my phantom in their custody. It means more snorkeling for me, and I can do photography next week in Guatemala!!!

Yeah, I was hoping to take mine as well. Contacted BZ Dept. of Civil Aviation and was told I couldn't bring it, even if I was licensed by the FAA. Bummer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav