BEGINNER

Reaction score
hello I own a fc40 and as im new to the rc flying I don't know much about gimbal upgrades. whats the best gimbal for a new pilot that fits right on and what camera will I use it would be great if you can recommend me a few links to get a camera and gimbal to fit right on the fc40 , im only using it for fun and it can get very expensive hobby its amazing what rc pilots do to upgrade there fc40

for a beginner which gimbal and camera could I use to upgrade, that will fit straight on without doing mods.

I love this forum I come here to look for info I spend hours on it looking at pilots upgrades.

Hi senna and welcome to possibly the most expensive hobby you will ever have ;)

In terms of cameras you can't really beat a go pro 4 or 3+ however they are expensive and people have been having good results with the sj1000 gopro clone. Either will be able to give you 1080p at 30fps which is what you really want to aim for. As for gimbals the one I use and still the simplest I have seen is the walkera g-2d gimbal. It stabilizes I'm roll and pitch and all it requires is for the top plate to be rotated and re attached and either a battery connected to the power in or connected to the aux out wire on the phantom. Pitch control can also be enabled with the gimbal lever from dji and connecting the gimbal to the control port I the naza. Hope this helps!

+1 for the Walkera D2 gimbal and SJ4000 wifi .the gimbal is very light and easy. I opted to buy a stripped down Phantom FC40 as a base and upgrade my way. I have far less money in my FC40 than if I started out with a Vision plus ,and I can use my camera without the Phantom.

And I got bit by the "upgrade" bug.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl