Beginner help

Reaction score
This is my first drone and I just began to fly it. I was using a iphone se as the connection for my Phantom 3 standard. I landed the drone to move to another location. Then when I took off to fly, it seemed as if the drone wanted to go back to the original home point. It seemed that the home point didn't update. I need help figuring out what exactly happened. Any information will help.

This is my first drone and I just began to fly it. I was using a iphone se as the connection for my Phantom 3 standard. I landed the drone to move to another location. Then when I took off to fly, it seemed as if the drone wanted to go back to the original home point. It seemed that the home point didn't update. I need help figuring out what exactly happened. Any information will help.
Not sure but pays to wait before take till home point has been set

As much information as you can provide will help.
For instance, I read your post and I could take it that you landed and moved the drone to another spot without turning it off. If that is the case, the original home point is where your Phantom should consider to be the home point.
Is that what happened?

New users are often disoriented or confused and often have an incorrect explanation for what they are experiencing with the Phantom.
It's most unlikely that your Phantom "wanted to go back to the original home point" as the recorded home point does not stay in memory once the Phantom is switched off.
A look at the flight data that is recorded by the app might help solve the mystery of what happened.

To do this go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and any explanation that might be relevant.
Someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Thank you for the help its much appreciated. I didn't power off the phantom between landing and takeoff. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic