Before I buy Litchi, I need some answers...

Reaction score
I am looking at buying the Litchi app, mostly for orbiting and filming objects. I know the DJI app does that but only at a height of 10 meters. I need it to be at most 10 feet! I will be doing a circular pan of vehicles... Can the litchi app do that??

Thanks in advance!
E

I am looking at buying the Litchi app, mostly for orbiting and filming objects. I know the DJI app does that but only at a height of 10 meters. I need it to be at most 10 feet! I will be doing a circular pan of vehicles... Can the litchi app do that??

Thanks in advance!
E

Haven't tried this. Ill give it a try later if I get a chance later but I would like to add the litchi app is very functional

you mean the min. , you don't want it to go higher then 10 ft ??

yea I'm not sure what the min. height is

you mean the min. , you don't want it to go higher then 10 ft ??

yea I'm not sure what the min. height is

Well I know that the DJI Go app minimum flight height is 5meters (I thought it was 10), either way I need it to be at about 4-5 feet or 1.25 meters. Currently we do pans around vehicles with either a dolly or a car. I would like to have no tracks in the footage when I come around 360°. And at 15' (or 5 meters) the angle isn't that hot on lower slung cars.

I have flown Litchi missions that are in the negative numbers. In other words, taken off and then flown at an elevation below the take off point. So ten feet isn't going to be a problem.*

You will probably have to do the shoot three or four times, especially since you are working from an aerial photo (that in this case doesn't have your subject vehicle) to plan the mission. You're going to be more or less guessing on where the vehicle is parked. Keep your left trigger finger on the flight mode button in case you need to abort the mission.

SB

*I'd do the first test mission at 20' just to be conservative and on the safe side. You can easily drop that down.

I have flown Litchi missions that are in the negative numbers. In other words, taken off and then flown at an elevation below the take off point. So ten feet isn't going to be a problem.*

You will probably have to do the shoot three or four times, especially since you are working from an aerial photo (that in this case doesn't have your subject vehicle) to plan the mission. You're going to be more or less guessing on where the vehicle is parked. Keep your left trigger finger on the flight mode button in case you need to abort the mission.

SB

*I'd do the first test mission at 20' just to be conservative and on the safe side. You can easily drop that down.

Cool thank you! So do I have to plan everything before hand on my desktop PC using Litchi? Unlike DJI Go where I fly the drone and place the center pin where I want the focus to be?

Cool thank you! So do I have to plan everything before hand on my desktop PC using Litchi? Unlike DJI Go where I fly the drone and place the center pin where I want the focus to be?

You can plan the mission in Litchi's Mission Hub or on your tablet. It's handy to plan missions on the Hub–for example–a fixed point like a light house.

For a car shoot, I'd probably plan it onsite. You might even try it at the site using your vehicle the day before the real shoot or some such thing just to get the kinks worked out of it. (Speed, Gimbal Pitch Mode, etc).

It's a great program. Fairly intuitive.

SB

If I recall correctly from litchi film school you program C1 orC2 buttons to drop a poi at the phantoms current position, so just fly to the vehicle, drop a poi and orbit from there.

This is a Litchi mission I flew at 10'.....not a problem.

Last edited:
Cant you just hover above car put it in track mode then orbit

I have a P3A and Point of Interest won't even activate until I get to 5m above the car... And my flying skills are OK, but not OK when I am concentrating on centering an object in the viewfinder, avoiding obstacles, and maintaining a constant speed!

I just downloaded litchi and i have P3P what you can do in the app is enter track mode select an object to track even if its stationary then you pick orbit speed ect then more options come up on the left and you press orbit and it will orbit selected object with camera focused on it. It doesn't have height limit i just done it at 3m around a tree and it worked great.

Last edited:
It's $20 !! What's the big deal ? Besides the orbit capabilities it gives you a LOT of other options and something new to explore. It's a great "accessory" for your bird and you'll wish you had bought it sooner. The PANO option alone is priceless.

FWIW you can also use the DJI GO's Home lock for orbit:

Set a home point above the desired subject, then back away from the subject a little ways and point the AC at a desired direction, then you can use the right stick's L/R to circle the home point smoothly in a circle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj