Beeping from drone after crash

Reaction score
Hi all.

Whilst flying in light mist that very quickly became pretty thick fog I managed to crash into a tree. When I walked over I could hear a beeping that I assumed was because the compass wire had pulled out of the plug on the leg.

After opening up the shell I've found that one of the 2 grey antennas has become detached from the circuit board, I can't see any other damage, I've been told that it's possible to fly with only one?

Now, when I turn on the tx and connect the battery the nav lights flash but then all I get is the same beeping noise as initially after the crash.

I've tried googling but all I'm finding is regarding beeping from the tx.

Any suggestions please guys?

Sure you should be able to fly with just one antenna but I would suggest getting a new rx asap. If you're in the UK I have one I'm willing to sell. As for the beeping I'm assuming that you are unable to fly it? Check all the connections under the shell making sure that one pin hasn't pulled out of the plugs too. As sometimes they can come loose inside the plastic connector. I've had beeping with no flight before and it was the naza power lead which comes out of the small area on the distribution board with the little electronic circuit on it. That should be plugged into the X3 port on the naza.

Hopefully this helps.

if its beeping check all wires.plugs and solder joints that involve the motors and escs

Re: Beeping from drone after crash?

Cheers for the replies.

I certainly am unable to fly, as I said when I turn on the transmitter and plug in the battery I get a flash from the nav lights, then the beeping and that's all.

I've looked at all the connections and can't see anything loose, I have however taken off the board with the ceramic compass and it's cracked all the way through. Looking through other posts on here it doesn't seem that this should stop the quad firing up at least, even if it won't fly properly.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with just a beeping and nothing else?

Beeping from the ESCs means that they are not seeing any signal from the Naza flight controller.
Try hooking the Phantom to a computer and running the Assistant software.
Check that the plug going into X1 is supplying 5.5V power (brown=gnd, red=power).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj